Saturday, 4 February 2012

Freebie Pattern for Feb 14!

With just over a week to go until Valentine's Day I thought I'd have a bit of fun and stitch up something quick and easy - I was inspired by the Willow tree and the idea of a heart and initials carved on a tree!I had in mind a young girl and that's why it is a very naive cross stitch for the lettering in the wee verse; 'I love you, You love me, Meet me by the willow tree.'

For the leaves of the willow tree I used a chain stitch loop.


So here's the pattern and feel free to use it for your own personal enjoyment and make the initials your own!
I'd love to see how you finish it!
I'm off to relax this VERY rainy Sat. afternoon with more x stitch freebie patterns to do.
Have a great weekend whatever you do!
Best wishes


12 comments:

  1. aww such a sweetie..i love willow tree so much..it is a must stitch for me..
    a huge thank you from my happy heart..
    love cucki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your rainy day! I like your new freebie pattern. I really like your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, bless, that is pure and simple. Beautiful.
      Tut, lucky you, we have to watch rugby
      :-) X X X

      Delete
  3. That is so sweet. I will have to try that! Thank you for the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute for valentine's day.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Christine...what a sweet pattern.

    I was just on your selling blog and commented on the book you read recently... A Log Cabin Christmas....FANTASTIC READING...I looooved it.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, what a sweet stichery!! Thank you so much for the free pattern!!
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet...
    Hope you had a lovely day...
    God bless..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine,
    Lovely! Thanks so much for the pattern. I too love willow trees:)
    Have a great week,
    Shazy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the free pattern--so cute! I plan to make it soon. Blessings, (your newest follower) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the free pattern, that is so adorable Christine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!