Friday, 9 December 2011

Happy! Not just coz it's Friday!!

Eventually! I've finally got a few minutes to get onto my blog and play catch up! It's been another busy week but I don't really understand how we got to Dec 9th already?? And I can barely bring myself to confess it but I've not really got all the Christmas decorating finished!
I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful comments on my burlap tree - it's just so good to share with other who appreciate these things, so I was really thrilled by all of your comments THANK YOU!

But as the title of this post says, at least I'm happy! I'm not stressing about it - just going to simplify and enjoy my loved ones company and the blessedness of the Savior's birth.

I have a couple things to show you in preparation for our homespun Christmas as I'm calling it this year! I made a smaller burlap tree and also the green wool felt tree to add to my collection!and a feather tree also~
It definitely is homespun as you can see I used a tree branch and it makes it a bit misshapen but primitively so - that my reasoning anyhow!!!

Well, as usual with me, one thing leads to another! When I'd finished the tree I realised I'd nothing suitable to place it on! Soooo it was off to the wool collection to find bits and pieces for a more seasonal penny mat - you can see I'm really keeping it simple - I did say I was simplifying this year lol!Next thing I'm thinking is.... it's still kinda empty.... just needs something else to finish it off...
A little Christmas bird! So it's back to the wool pile, draw a quick bird template, stitch it up and add a few details and voila! A red wool bird to sit under the tree on the mat!
But I 've saved the best to last for my main reason for doing a happy dance is that I finally persuaded DH to hang not just one, but two!!! cupboards for me - this I have wanted for a verrrrryy loooonnnnggg time! I'm NOT going to tell you how long they've been languishing on the floor in a dusty corner!
This one I bought on ebay and repainted it to primify it~ first a coat of black:

Then red which I know looks a scary pink in this pic!



And the transformation is complete with some stain and I got myself a lovely little prim red cupboard to display little pots and jars! Whaddya think?It's in the family/den area just off the kitchen~ I'm trying to make it my Americana area:


Down in my craft room there was room in the corner for this old pine open shelf cupboard, into which I hastily placed a few things as I need to get stuck into the Christmas decorating proper!
So that was the week, that was! And am I ready for the weekend! LOTS to do so I'll be back with some more Christmassy pics soon!

Hope you all have a super weekend!
Best wishes



21 comments:

  1. Love your Homespun tree Christine and I too find that making one thing leads to making at least one more to go with it!

    The makeover on your cupboard is great, you did a fab job on the painting and primming it up! Lovely decorated too!

    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great how one piece can inspire a whole new display. Good job Christine!!! I love the new shelves. What a transformation and to have your DH hang them is a real treat. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you, though I can fully understand the pace of life, but, as long as you are enjoying it all that is the main thing:)

    Love all the trees, great idea and I just love how trees makes it sooo Christmassy!

    I am loving the painting job on your cubby-both beautifully decorated too-great progress there girlie......I'm still waiting on hubby and his drill!lol!
    Have a great weekend,
    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That piece that you re-did came out great and I love the trees.
    Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great :) I am really enjoying reading all the prim blogs & seeing all the beautiful decorations - I love all your handmade touches the best :)
    Smiles, DianeM
    basketblessed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything you did! What he did too, it's so nice, just to get something done that you've been wanting! I love the handmades too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine~ Pretty little touches.I love the pineapple tuck.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your cupboards Christine, specially the red one. I like the penny mat too. :)

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red looked a little pink! But it turned out really pretty. I can't believe how December is moving so quickly and I have no shopping done yet!!! Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopped in for a quickie look as it's our youngest son's b'day today, but wanted to tell you that your trees are adorable and I LOVE the red cabinet!! YOU did a great job painting/decorating it Christine! Hats off to ya! tee hee

    Smiles and Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Christine the trees are perfect. I love the feather tree, it's charming with the branch. Very prim and the little bird was the touch that
    made it even sweeter. The job you did on the cupboard is amazing. Can you share with us like a tutorial, step-by-step with the paint colors you bought?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great redo on your ebay shelf! The wooden one is really pretty and looks great with the items you put on it! perfect! I agree...how the heck is it 12/9!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the burlap tree and the penny mat to go underneath! I really love the cabinet projects...so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, such sweet little prim trees Christine! And your wonderful added touches of home-done - you're always up to something! Love your cabinets - especially that red one - oh, to have the room for something like that! (And, yeah - why is it that husbands drag that hanging stuff out like that? Do they secretly enjoy tormenting us??? ;o)) Smiles & Friday Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know just how happy you must be to get your shelf up.. It looks awesome.. Those husbands of ours take their time, eh? smile..
    The little trees are so prim as are the rest of your decor.. Good job, my friend.. Looking forward to seeing more..
    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  16. December the 9th !
    Ah, I am into another year and two days down :-) HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND CHRISTINE :-) X X X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine,
    Wow, that "pink" cabinet sure turned out great. Love it and the decorations in it. Love seeing everyone's decorations. We all do it differently and it's all sooo nice.
    Have a great weekend.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christine... I love the little Feather Tree mat and your Bird...simple but prim adorable..

    So glad you finally got the DH to hang your Cupboards.. I especially love the Red One..made me want to go work in my shop and create one..Not going to happen but it was nice lookin at yours and wishin..

    Have a Great Weekend!!

    Christmas Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post! Love your feather tree...Love all of the photos for that matter..Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh goodness, LOVE it all girl!! My goodness, I can never go to my crafting area and just "whip it up" like that... that's talent and creativity at it's finest! =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!