Monday, 10 October 2011

What to do on a Wet Weekend!


Hello from a wet and wintry Ireland. It's been rainy and dull all weekend so we cheered ourselves up in the kitchen by making chocolate mallow fudge! It's delicious and really quick and easy to make ! My oldest daughter very thoughtfully cut some up and wrapped them up to give as little Halloween treats for her friends and I'll definitely be making some more for Christmas gifts.Thanks again to Tanya for supplying the Happy Halloween ribbon!
Here's the recipe if you're interested:

3 oz butter
10 oz light brown sugar
4 1/2 oz evaporated milk
8 oz marshmallows
10 1/2 oz chopped milk chocolate
3 oz chopped dark chocolate (60% cocoa solids minimum)

Grease and line an 8" square baking tin
Melt the butter, sugar and milk together in saucepan over a low heat.
When melted, add the mallows - turn heat up and boil for 5 minutes.
Take off the heat and add all the chocolate and stir until melted.
Pour into tin and leave to set for at least 3 hours - when cooled you can put it in the fridge and it sets better. Then cut into cubes and try to resist nibbling....!

It was also a good chance to do some cross stitch - this one I love doing time and again from Primitive Betty's

And this one is from Liberty Hill Primitives

I'm also finishing a Christmas sampler for a customer so I'm keeping busy!

Please don't forget my giveaway. If you haven't entered yet, you need to leave a comment on the giveaway post - just click here.
Please make sure you are on my followers list - new followers are welcome!

Hope everyone's enjoying lovely autumn weather and crafting to boot!
Thanks for your visit and welcome new friends - hope you feel right at home!

21 comments:

  1. The fudge looks really good and how nice of your daughter to take some for her friends. The cross stitchings look really nice. I use to cross stitch all the time, but don't anymore :( Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine
    sometimes the poor weather works out well..great spending time with the kids making yummy goodies and stitchin'..the fudge looks delish and I have made a note of the recipe as I have an eager little chef here so a great one for him to try with supervision of course well someone has to lick the spoons LOL..I love the crow pillow too and have mine out on display all year round..stay warm and keep dry looks like the dreak weather is here for a bit..hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fudge sounds yummy! It has been really nice here the last few days once the rain left...fun little stitcheries!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear...
    Thanks for the fudge recipe.. One of my favorite things.. smile..
    Your work is lovely as always..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful bonding weekend with your daughter. Oh the treasured memories. NOT TO MENTION YUMMY FUDGE!!
    Love your sweet pinkeep too friend.
    Hugs Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe sounds delicious! Thank you! I love your stitching it is just beautiful. That black looks so good against the white background! The other things are just as lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really good recipe for fudge, Christine, I am definitely making it when I run to the store to get a couple missing ingredients. Your stitching is lovely as always. Thanks so much for the recipe. We are having Indian Summer in New England, back in the low 80's and never below the 50's at night, oh it's so breezy and sunny during the day but no humidity.
    So sorry about the rain, we just got over many rainy days.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've enjoyed a spot and then some of glorious weather here - although I understand that is to change starting tomorrow. That fudge looks divine...already "pasted, copied, and saved" and it's going on in the "gotta make this" pile...Thanks so much for sharing!! Love your latest interpretation of Betty's crow pattern - wow...you truly are a prolific stitcher! Hoping your week is off to a wonderful start! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fudge sounds delicious. This is a recipe I'd like to try. It sounds easy and tasty :)
    Hope you're having a good week. I haven't been online too much the past few months. It's good to catch up.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to spend time in the kitchen baking delicious treats during the rain. Thanks for the recipe. We loovvee fudge around here. Your samplers are looking good. I love the crow pillow. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummmm the fudge sounds yummy Christine. You forgot to post what the fat grams and calories are though, LOL. Your stitching is great. I love to sit and stitch when it's raining too.
    Do you guys get snow where you are in Ireland?

    Hugs to stay warm
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the recipe Christine. They look far too good to eat :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fudge looks yummy! I am sorry your weather has been so yucky! The last couple days have been beautiful here, but that won't last long! Before I know it we will have tons of that white stuff! Your stitching is wonderful as always, I love your little crow pillow.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Christine, I can't get you by email and didn't want to miss thanking you for your sweet comment on my giveaway win today. Thank you so much.
    Warm Regards
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how I missed this post! your fudge looks wonderful and I can't wait to try it! As does your cute cr. st. items. So glad you could make good use of the ribbon.
    Here's to a sunny tomorrow!

    Smiles,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  16. It won't be long Christine until all weekends are damp wet and cold, winter is just around the corner. Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my that fudge looks amazing, I may have to try that for the holidays!!!!! love the way its wrapped so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy looking fudge! Chocolate is so necessary! I love your stitching...especially that crow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your very welcome :-) Always :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanted to let you know I sent you an email.. ok?
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is one great crow and that fudge is sooo good looking,, yum.I think I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!