Thursday, 22 September 2011

Woolie Bits & Pieces!

Hello again! I had the best of intentions of posting earlier in the week but we all know how time seems to be speeding by and so another week has rolled by. But I have been keeping busy - there are just too many ideas I want to stitch into reality and more than enough fall ideas to work through in my craft room!

Wool was calling to me all week and this is what I came up with for my table - just a plain and simple penny mat with scalloped edges done in fall tones~ what do think?




And thank you Granny Trace! You have inspired me with your woolie Wednesday posts and I had to make me some tuck pillows for fall!


If I've learned anything about myself since I started crafting, it's that I am like a bunny rabbit - I hop from one type of needlework to another very quickly! So whilst working on the woolie pieces, I took a notion to do some punchneedle and made this Jack-o'-Lantern into a little pouch to hang from a peg shelf~


I've even started another punch needle project, but my does it use up a lot of thread/floss! I'm going to have to take up residence at my local supplies shop!! If any of you have any tips on making punch needle tighter and gap free, please let me know!

Well, back to the needle and thread!
It's been lovely to have you visit - thanks so much - your comments make my day!
Best wishes


19 comments:

  1. Love your penny rug Christine. Tell me how did you get that particular shape. My pea brain goes dead when I try to make that shape. I know what you mean about projects. I think I have about 3 or 4 going at the same time. Aaacckkk, drives me crazy.

    Hugs
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You surely have been keeping busy Christine! Love all your wool projects ~ especially the penny mat. So true about time slipping by . . . we'll be knee deep in snowmen and santas before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine.. I love everything you made especially the mat.. Love black..
    My cousin Val always presses her work with a cloth and iron after she is finished and it really looks a lot better.. More finished...
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice penny rug! I just love the simplicity of the penny rug craft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mat is just beautiful! I love the colors. The tucks and bag are so sweet as is the shelf and your other things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that mat! It looks so pretty! You do such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done such a great job on everything Christine! I think it's looking very 'fallish' at your house. :))

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Christine.
    I just love everything. Especially the fall tucks. hehe..Really my favorite is the black penny rug candle mat.
    Having a fall give away tomorrow..Stop on by friend!
    Hugs Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fall pieces! I just love the oranges and mustard color that you used on these.

    Don't worry... you're not the only rabbit out there. I'm constantly hopping on to another project before I finish one. I don't think I have ever started and finished a project in one sitting, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Christine - loving that fall penny mat of yours!! SWEET!! As for the punch needle - you can get less "gaps" by punching with more threads - I usually punch with three, but other times with six - but, any way you punch it, it take a LOT of thread!! I don't usually have problems with gaps or looseness as I punch tightly (which you don't want to overdo, as things will curl and not lay flat....) Also - adjusting your punch needle to a longer loop setting will make the loops higher and help fill in more. Make any sense? Good luck! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, so many pretty things you made. The pillows are very cute, and I like the penny rug mat.
    You do such nice work.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors in your fall mat are perfect! I've done a couple of punch needle projects and you do need to punch pretty close together. Although what looks like a gap on the back may not appear that way from the front. Love the little pillows, too! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet little Penny Rug...they are my favorite things to work on.
    All your goodies are so wonderful! Love the Pumpkin pocket.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Always nice to see you there.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wool mat is great - like everything else you do. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, just hop on over and make me some pillows too. I love those. The wool is just right. Good job on all your needle work. The penny rug is beautiful. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You make some gorgeous things! Love the penny rug! I'm having a giveaway right now, too! Hope you'll stop by and enter! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!