Wednesday, 17 August 2011

FREEBIE!!!




Dear blogging friends, I was totally overwhelmed by all your congratulations to us on our wedding anniversary and regarding my woolie pineapple!

THANK YOU doesn't seem enough, so by way of special thanks and my way of letting you know how much I value your visits, I'd like to offer you a freebie pattern I've designed for fall.

It's a candle mat you could make from wool or wool felt or even fabrics of your choice!

It features some applique acorns but you could just as easily do pumpkins or leaves or pears etc!

Here's how mine looks~Here's how it looks with a candle~


Below is the template pattern which I hope you'll be able to download - click to enlarge~


Instructions~

Cut one of each size of oval background fabric.

On the top layer, trace on the words and berry strands and stitch them in in dark colored floss.
(I used 6 strands of DMC dark brown for the words and 3 strands of the same color for the berry strands.)
Stitch on the pip berries using 2 strands of floss doing a French knot.
Using the templates, cut out 4 of each part of the acorns and stitch into position.
Now you are ready to blanket stitch the top layer onto the base layer of your mat, using 3 strands of floss.
Repeat the whole way around the outer edge of your mat.
YOU DID IT!
Admire your handiwork and enjoy in your fall decorating!

Once again, thank you for your thoughtfulness and visits - life has been so blessed since I started blogging!

Best wishes


15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Christine, love your design! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing stitcheries and either framing them or just adding them to pillows or towels. I will definitely print this out to use. Thanks Christine.

    Love you candle mat by the way!

    Have an enjoyable day,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pattern Christine ~ I love the little acorns. And so sweet of you to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the candle mat. Thank you for the pattern. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pattern Christine!! It's wonderful!!

    Have a terrific day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Christine! You continue to amaze us w/all your newly-found designing talent! Your candle mat is just darling and sweet, like you! I can't wait to try my hand at it.
    Thanks so much!

    Smiles,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice of you! Thank you Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so very sweet of you Christine!! And a precious little fall mat!! Happy Wednesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, Christine and thanks for your kindness...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Christine and how very generous!

    I love the little acorns.

    Have a great day,

    Shazy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there~
    What a wonderful pattern! Thank you :) I can't wait to try make it.
    I missed telling you Happy Anniversary!
    Have a great day~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, and thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thought id stop by and say hello. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,pa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it Christine. Thanks for sharing. I agree about being blessed since blogging. I have missed everyone while away and so good to be back.
    Hugs Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!