Saturday, 6 August 2011

A Couple of My latest Prim Creations

Have you ever found yourself stitching, working or involved in some project and then an idea pops into your head and you just HAVE to set other things aside and follow the impulse?

Well, yesterday I was back home with the kids after spending the morning at the play park and we'd had lunch. I was settling down to work on a fall pattern when I had to put it aside and make this instead~
I have long admired prim swans and whilst on holiday in Lancaster County, I looked at the wooden carved swans for sale but always put them back - I just couldn't bring myself to pay the kind of prices being asked and had to remind myself we had a budget (though sometimes I did forget.... oops!)

Next best thing, I took to making a pattern myself and after a few hours this is what I came up with~

The only difficulty was turning it right side out and stuffing the head! But other than that the end result was what I hoped for and wanted for this dough bowl~


The other prim creation I got around to making yesterday was this bread board paddle. Had to get Dh to fix the jig saw but then I was on a roll and up to my eyes in black paint - yes, I am a messy crafter :-)
I got a little arrangement going on with it that hints of fall~


And last but not least a sneak peak at the original fall pattern I was supposed to be stitchin' yesterday! Loving those colors! And yes, that's some of the wool I bought!
Well that's about it for this week, friends! I'm so pleased you called in for a visit and would love to hear from you!

In the mean time, enjoy the weekend!
Best wishes


15 comments:

  1. Wow!! Great job - love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! All of it, but especially the swan. That looks like such a difficult task, it came out so nicely. You are very talented. ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. That swan turned out wonderful! Can't wait to see what you're up to with that wool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome friend! That swan is sooo cool. What a great idea. I have always loved them too and the prices. Love all your projects. Especially the wool.
    Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job you have done... Love all your
    creative projects such talent you have ;-)
    Have enjoyable weekend
    Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I can't believe you whipped TWO things out in one day. You're amazing. Great swan pattern. You need to tutorial that. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever girlie you are Christine! Your swan turned out very nicely!
    Can't wait to see the rest of your fall woolie project!!

    Smiles,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your paddle!
    Way to go Christine.
    I would have loved to have met you in Lancaster.
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creations!! Love the swan!!

    Enjoy your weekend~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah...I have that happen to me all the time...but then I just end up with another unfinished project! I never seem to be able to just "whip" something up like you do! LOVE your adorable swan!! Looks perfect in your trencher...and that paddle board is awesome! I've been drooling over those for some time....Great creations you talented soul you! Hope you're enjoying the weekend. And, thank you so much, for your kind, kind, comments and thoughts...Smiles, Hugs & Best Blessings ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative day Christine, well done! That swan is fantastic and I love your paddle board...I love crafting days that go well and things actually get finished! Yesterday was a good crafting day for me as well, used up the rest of that shabby chic fabric!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The swan is beautiful! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Christine
    hey girl when your on a mission you certainly achieve LOL..I love how your swan turned out and the lighted breadboard is great..have fun this weekend..♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderfully creative you are! I love the candle on the paddle board.

    Blessings from Ohio/USA...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine,
    What a real treat to catch up on all your posts and such yummy pics:)

    You sure have been inspired after returning from hols and everything has turned out just primtastic!!

    Love the way you can design and create and achieve!lol!

    I can't decide which I love best...the mice.. the cross-stitches..the swan...I am so looking forward to seeing what your wool work becomes!

    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!