Monday, 9 May 2011

May Freebie Cross stitch chart for you!


Hello again! After a lovely Easter break with the kids enjoying the best weather we've known at this time of the year, it's about time I posted something new - not that I've been doing much with my needle and thread, apart from this new cross stitch pattern I've designed and thought I'd share with anyone who'd like to stitch it!

Bluebells are one of my favourite Spring flowers and always remind me of our old home in the country when I'd gather bouquets of bluebells for my mother.
Close to where we live now is a great wooded glen and it's filled with bluebells at the moment so I had to go and gather some for myself - their color is amazing and each flower is so delicate.
So I had to stitch something and here it is for you to enjoy!



I used 32 ct linen and 2 strands of DMC floss 161 for the bluebells - it's a perfect match for them!

I just put mine in a frame alongside the vase of bluebells -
You are most welcome to use this but I'd appreciate it if you give credit to me as the designer and I'd really love to see your finished pieces if you'd be so good as to share them with me!

I hope to get back in to the swing of blogging and crafting again soon - so all being well I'll be back soon!

Best wishes

14 comments:

  1. Hey Christine. The bluebells are lovely. Cross Stitch is one thing I am not able to do. It's to tedious for my eyes. Good to hear from you. I was thinking of you the other day.

    Hugs
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet stitchery Christine. So pretty displayed with the vase of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are becoming quite the designer Christine! Haven't seen any bluebells in yrs. but you did a nice reminder of them! How sweet! Thanks for the freebie!

    Glad your weather has been so nice, we've had tons of rain this yr. :((

    Have a great wk.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine thank you so much for the beautiful Bluebell chart! I am happy to hear you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful stitchery ! And so very kind of you to share it with everyone! Enjoy your week! hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank for the pattern, I am going to try my hand at cross stitching, one of these days.

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love bluebells! Thank you so much for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pattern, Christine..Hope you had a nice Mothers Day..
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love bluebells. SO pretty.
    Great job.
    Hugs Granny Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blues in May is so refreshing! Nice pic to have in mind while I work in my garden today...thanks so much!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitchery is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty stitchery Christine...well done you, and I love the bluebells!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I love being able to stitch up something quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who can't but love bluebells, or your lovely sampler :-)xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!