Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Finally... Some Finishes!

Where did that week go? I can hardly believe it was a week ago that I shared some of the Americana projects I was working on and it's taken me this long to get them together to post about!

Oh well, I'm sure we've all been there, done that, and still doing all of the things that are just part of everyday life.

My favorite is this wool felt penny rug from a Country Stitches pattern - I love it! Though I must put my hand up and confess that it's not quite finished as I still have to sewn on the pennies around the edge.
This is the other end of the mat~ (can you just see the little apples in the trees?) The sheep are better in real life too - all woolly french knots!

This was a beautiful 1776 cross stitch freebie from the Sampler Girl's blog - it's small but lovely to make.



Here are a couple of matching birds I made up myself ~
And lastly for now here's Liberty and Crow made into a pillow and stained!


I will be listing some of these on my blog The Primitive Shelf later if any one is interested in some Americana bits and pieces for their home!

Thanks again for your visit and hope to be back soon!




10 comments:

  1. LOVE your woolie penny rug! Would look right at home in my living room! ha Your cr. st. pillow turned out nicely as well as the birdies and the liberty/crow stitchery! Wow! You've been a busy girl!

    Funny how we always post on or about the same day lately!

    Have a good evening sweetie!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure got a lot done! I just love that penny rug. Now I'm inspired to try and finish something tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Breathe woman ! You sure have been busy bet your fingers are tired and sore from all that stitching, it all is amazingly beautiful! Happy stitching! hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job Christine!!
    On everything but the penny rug is the tops!!
    Hugs
    Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wool mat is my kind of style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great stuff!! LOVE that penny rug!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, love all your creations. The wool mat is beautiful!! I can't seem to get anything finished either so don't feel bad.8-)
    Have a great day!!
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your Americana pieces! Your birds are super cute!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, good ol ST Patrick eh :-) should have come over here and collected them all up from this side :-) Don't mind slow worms as long as they don't come near me :-) Ah, look at all your lovely, lovely makes :-) Not a pin cushion in sight :-) :-) :-)
    :-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is beautiful Christine, especially love the penny runner, of course I'm partial to penny mat items.

    ~Hugs Felicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!