Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Shoppybag?


Hi one and all!
I'm just popping in for a quick query if any one can help - I didn't find google or forums too clear on the subject.

Is Shoppybag.com safe to sign up to?

I've received a couple of emails saying I've been tagged and sent a photo but I am then told to sign up to shoppybag.com to open it but when I checked it out some forums warned that it was a scam as once you sign up, your list of contacts can then be used by them and I for one am not comfortable with this.

So really what I'm asking is if this has been your experience and is it genuine? I don't want to be tagged or tag others without their consent or am I missing out on something?

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone in the know!
Thanks in anticipation!


5 comments:

  1. hi Christine
    this also happened to me this week too..I tried to delete everything that was in their on me but not sure what has gone on really..I had one junk request but just deleted that too..nothing else has come up for a couple of days now...would also be interested in any more info..this can happen on FB too but you just delete the app on there...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This also happened to me after I ordered a couple of patterns from a prim crafter. I thought maybe it was the freebie patterns so started to do it and then quit, but still others I have email contact with started getting invites saying I had invited them. I think it is a scam, but don't know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This showed up in my spam file this week. I too had ordered something from a crafter and her name was on the invite. I didn't open it, so I'm not sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this at all, but now that you've told us about it, I'll be very cautious if I do see it. I have a friend that goes by the old adage, "Don't call us, we'll call you," and she applies this to online requests too. Better to be safe than sorry :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend Christine!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of it yet but I now know what to expect if I come across it. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!