Monday, 11 April 2011

Sampler Finished!

It's taken me the best part of 3 mths to do, but hurray! I've just finished the 'Friends Gather Here' sampler by Stacy Nash! :-)

Last week I took to stitching some more of it and decided it was time to finish it! In between getting the garden sorted a bit and digging weeds etc, that is!! The weather here has been beautiful until today when we've had all 4 seasons rolled into one.


Here it is in a temporary frame I had sitting about - just wanted to get an idea of how it will look framed but I need to find a better sized one and prim it up.




I love the shades and hues used in this sampler. This is done on osnaburg - I'd started it on osnaburg before I found out what a joy it is to stitch on linen and the next one I do will be on linen for sure!

This might be all the stitching I get done for a while what with the kids off school for 2 wks come Friday and Easter outings I hope!

And tomorrow we have our oldest daughter celebrating her 12th birthday! I've already baked a Chocolate Cola cake at her request so we look forward to indulging tomorrow!
Hope you have a very happy b'day, dear daughter!!!!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for your visit - it's always a blessing to read your comments!
Best wishes


13 comments:

  1. Hello Christine! beautiful stitchery!
    HB to your dear daughter. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the well wishes. So glad I'm starting to feel like my old self.
    Blessings to you,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine ~ I love your sampler, I can't imagine doing something that size on osnaberg. I love stitching on linen, so relaxing. Have a great week.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine... your sampler is precious... Happy Birthday to your dear little girl and the cake sounds delicious...Have a great day...
    ***** Can you believe I missed your last posting?? And a giveaway at that... That does not matter as I gave up on them.. I do not have a lucky bone in my body only blessed ones.. smile...I have only won my dear Fred from Karen... It is just that I felt bad not to congratulate you... So Congrats.. You are one of my dearest blogging friends as well as a sister in the Lord.
    Blessings, dear....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler is beautiful - you did an awesome job. Happy Birthday to your daughter - the Chocolate Cola cake sounds yummy.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job on the sampler. I just love Stacey Nash designs. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out really nice! That cake sounds yummy...wishing her a Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sampler is really nice, love the colors. Doesn't it feel great when you finally finish something! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Christine! I love that peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sampler is beautiful Christine!! Happy Birthday to your daughter :0) I hope you enjoy some family time while your kids are on vacation!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sampler is absolutely beautiful! I just love all the colors. Happy Birthday to your daughter. She's a girl after my own heart, chocolate cake is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finish Christine and beautiful!

    Trust you all enjoy the birthday celebrations and the cake sounds delish!

    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your alphabet sampler...Great finish...
    Happy birthday to your daughter, her cake sounds yummy...
    Happy stitching, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was looking at Stacy Nash patterns lately and saw this one. Your lovely piece is a beauty, love those colors too!

    Happy belated Birthday to your daughter! Mine just turned 12 a few months ago. They are almost teenagers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!