Thursday, 24 March 2011

Spring has sprung!

Hello again! Spring has definitely arrived here in N. Ireland with gloriously WARM sunshine!
I've been sewing some but the fresh air is calling me outside and I think I'll have to tackle the garden pretty soon!

Here are some pictures of a few hastily arranged spring things I've put together and sewn in the past couple of days.


I used a freebie pattern by Cathy of Snugglebug Blessings, for this little bunny and just cross stitched SPRING on it with some spring motifs

And I finished up Primitive Betty's free Easter pinkeep~

I placed some little itty bitty x stitched motifs on my tree~

Below are three little Woodlander bunnies I used to collect - don't know what happened to the rest of them!


Meet Harvey my latest creation. He's made from a smoky brown plush - sorry about the light in these photos~




And last but not least, this day 10 years ago my sweet little boy arrived! How that decade has disappeared! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!

And where does David want to go for his birthday? McDonald's!!! So that's where we're headed now - at least he's pretty easy pleased! Nothing fancy for him!

Have a wonderful week everyone! I'm so pleased you came by! Thanks to for leaving a comment,I so appreciate your thoughts and interest!
Best wishes

13 comments:

  1. Christine~

    Wonderful little displays. Love all your cross stitch finishes. Happy Birthday to David!! Have fun at McDonalds.

    Enjoy your day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your spring touches Christine! Harvey is especially cute!! Happy Birthday to David!! I hope he has a wonderful day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, wonderful prim goodies and displays!! Love the little stitched motifs on your tree, just adorable!!
    Happy Birthday to David!! My hubby is David and I have a grandson that is David also. A special name to me.8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine... Happy Birthday to David... Boys always love MacDonalds, eh?
    It is looking pretty springy around your house.. It was snowing here today a wee bit..
    Love all your creations...
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine,
    Do you stitch in your sleep?lol!

    Lovely creations as usual and all looking so spring-like! I'm loving how Harvey turned out too.

    Yes, I tackled a flower bed today-not my idea of pleasure but more like a 'must do':(

    Happy birthday to David and have a lovely meal:)

    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to David Christine...hope he enjoyed his day! It's my hubby's birthday today also. so we've just been out for a lovely meal....love your spring creations, I have been really busy with orders so spent today enjoying this wonderful weather we have been blessed with!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine
    we have been having a taste of spring weather too...love your stitched pieces and the plush bunny is fab with his basket of eggs..love the idea...with boys of my own it is always the simple things they enjoy..David enjoy your birthday treat..♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine :)

    Spring has definitely Sprung for you :)
    Your spring goodies are gorgeous,
    I'm especially loving Harvey! ;)

    Happy Birthday to David,
    Hope McDonalds was fun

    Hugs Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Christine,
    I think your spring decor looks just dandy! Harvey is adorable and so are the cr. stitched pillow ornaments!! How cute!

    Happy b'day to your son, I didn't know Ireland has a McDonald's ~ too funny!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to David!! I hope he had a wonderful time. He sounds so much like my 10yo boys...they love McDonalds :-)
    Spring looks beautiful around your house.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorations are very nice; I especially like your cross stitch projects.

    Happy birthday to David! I like McDonald's, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your spring decorating...I have not put out much...might have to skip spring this year since I am getting ready for 2 graduations. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Birthday to David! Mine pick McDonald's too except my oldest said this year he is picking Red Lobster... uh oh, they are finally growing up and realize there is better food out there than McD, lol!

    All of your spring is so cute! I still haven't gotten mine out yet, gasp. Seeing all your cute bunnies has me itching too though! You do wonderful work, my friend~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!