Thursday, 10 March 2011

Meet Basil McTavish!




I got to finishing my entry for the Basil the Bunny Challenge being hosted by Wendy of Ravenwood Whimzies. There are so many fantastic entries already and you can see them all on Wendy's blog. The final date for entries is midnight March 15.

I had been planning to make a female bunny but when my 11 yo daughter saw the doll she suggested I make a gardener bunny. She picked the fabrics and so emerged Basil McTavish complete with wool waistcoat and matching flat cap. He's just dug up some carrots for tea!


It was so much fun seeing him progress!
I'm trying to get the time to finish some other stitchery odds and ends so I'll be back asap!

Have fun and hope spring is knocking on your door!



12 comments:

  1. A very smart Basil Bunny he looks too :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christine! He's adorable! I love his outfit and that cap is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so stinkin' cute Christine!! Love his eyes and his hat/vest!
    You did a great job on him and your daughter came up w/a really cute idea!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is wonderful! What a great chance to get your daughter involved in creating! Glad you had fun and thanks so much for joining the Challenge.
    Good luck in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks brilliant...just sitting down having a rest after harvesting his Carrots:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    Basil is a very handsome bunny ;)
    I'm particularly taken with his bow tie and smart waistcoat...he's sure to make the lady bunnies swoon...hehehe
    Hugs Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You girls made a wonderful bunny:) But is he Irish or a Scott??? ha ha..
    Maybe he can emigrate to Canada...Lot of Irish and Scots around here...lol...
    He is lovely whatever he is...
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's really very cute! You did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) There when I need a friendly face :-) X
    I can't get my old template back and I'm quite annoyed :-) :-) :-) Still smile when I am :-) But, hum.... oh, boy.... That will teach me to keep my eye off of blogger :-) x x x Thanks Christine XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine...Your Basil is adorable..or should I say handsome! Sweet and Cinnamon Basil believe they must be related to him somehow and are thinking he would be a wonderful Manager Bunny over at Basil Farms...as he grows some mighty fine looking carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Basil is one fine looking bunny! How cute that your daughter came up with the gardener idea, love it! Adorable little carrots he has.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!