Monday, 28 March 2011

Made my first Prim Bear!



Hello friends!

I'm so pleased with my first ever hand sewn prim bear that I just finished that I had to show him off! I have to thank Jennifer of Stitchin' Thyme for inspiring me - thanks Jennifer!


If you read my last post, you'll remember this Spring time fella, Harvey Hare, made from smoky grey plush felt.
I had just enough fabric left over to make a bear so that's what I did Saturday! I was visiting my parents and found the perfect old buttons for eyes in my mum's large selection of buttons!
I posed him on the stairs and like him there but he could just as easily be hung from a peg as I can straightened out his legs.

Well it's the start of a busy week so I'm going to have to go and run errands for my DH and then maybe this afternoon do some more sewing! I'm definitely going to get more plush felt and make more bears - we've all fallen in love with this one whom we've named Reggie!

Have a great week and I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for your friendship!



13 comments:

  1. Love the bear, he turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bear, Christine.. I have made bunnies but never a bear. Perhaps, you have inspired me... smile..
    Blessings for the week, dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Christine
    your bear is just fab and you have every right to be proud of him...they become very addictive and are my most favourite thing to make each one takes on their own character..so look forward to your next bear pics LOL..♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Christine - Love your bear! He turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine,
    Reggie is just darling, you should be a proud momma bear! I too love making bears they always end up so unique. Have a great day
    hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. your Olde bear is just darling, great job.
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Christine :-) He looks loveable.. all a bear ever wants to be :-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Christine - he is adorable!!!! Love him and the bunny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job! They are adorable......waiting for you to post more creations,
    Hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's so ADORABLE!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bear is so adorable and has the cutest expression on his sweet little face! How neat that his button eyes came from your mom's collection! Very cute Christine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!