Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Celebrating my 2nd Blog Anniversary

On the 30 March 2009 I began blogging. I can hardly believe it, but as the saying goes,
'Time flies when you're having fun!' That is certainly true about blogging for me - it has become such an enjoyable part of my day! I love logging in to read kind, funny, encouraging and caring comments and then following the latest posts on so many other terrific blogs by people who have become friends and not just because we share a common hobby or interest.

It is time consuming but my DH can't complain as it was his suggestion that I start a blog. I think I did so because I wanted to learn from others who are amazing crafters and artists. It is such a great way to see primitive displays and creations - I've lost count of how many times I've read a post and thought 'WOW'! So what I'm really saying is that in light of such talent, THANK YOU for befriending me and inviting me in to share your life - it has been my privilege to step in and enjoy your company!

I started out from very humble beginnings as I was new to the world of primitive decorating and crafting. I'd never heard of penny rugs, sweet annie, dry sinks, jelly cabinets, punch needle, rug hooking and the like! Things I've grown to love and wish I had the time and money to indulge in!! LOL! Don't we all!!

I thought I'd look back over some of my fav posts and pictures and share a few ~
One of my earliest attempts creating a wall hanging of a saltbox house.

I love all things Americana!I love handmade dolls! For all seasons!

Time limits me to these few pictures which I hope you enjoyed.

NOW! As a thank you to all my followers I wanted to do something to show my appreciation.

A giveaway is nice, but I've said it before that only one or two win and I want to include as many as possible, so here's what I propose. If you are a follower (and you are most welcome to become one!) contact me via email, cr38.08@hotmail.co.uk and I will email you back a copy of my Harvey Hare pattern - it's very simple believe me!So thank you all so much! It's been a fab couple of years!





20 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you and I too have blogged for 2 years and would never have dreamed that it would be so wonderful...I too have met such wonderful ladies that share alot of the same interests as I do...Congrats on enjoying such a simple thing as blogging....you have a sweet blog as well. Have a great day!
    Hugs-
    Leslie
    craftymom03.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary Christine. I have enjoyed getting to know you over time. Keep on posting!
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you an e-mail and it said it
    couldn't be delivered....Congrats on
    your two years of blogging! I would
    love to have your bunny pattern!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 2nd blog anniversary! I also sent email and it was returned as undeliverable.

    kklprimitives@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine,
    Thanks so much for joining the blog world! It is a great thing to celebrate. I have enjoyed your posts.
    lindanuts@yahoo.com
    Thanks for sharing Harvey!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congatulations Christine and wishing you many more blogging b'days:) I love reading your blog and keeping up with all your talent!

    I would be delighted to have a copy of Harvey, when you get the time to forward it to me-thanks so much!

    Take care,

    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on two years of blogging Christine...I always look forward to reading your posts and seeing your new creations!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine,

    Happy 2yr blog anniversary. I am a follower and love visiting your little spot in cyberspace. I would love a copy of your pattern for Harvey Hare.

    Thank you for sharing so much with use and looking forward to many more years of posts!

    Blessings
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Bloggerversary to you! (sing it to yourself)!!! LOL Congrats Christine! You are so sweet to offer such a cute pattern and I would love to have one. (I think you already have my email addie).
    It's been so much fun getting to know you this past yr. and I wish you many more yrs. on here!

    Take care and thanks!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and Hugs ! 2years Wow that is so inspirational to someone like me who has only recently gotten started! And so kind of you to share such a wonderful pattern with all ! Enjoy your week.
    hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. An Easter bun too :-)
    Not new, Sorry.... Bun is lovely :-) As is everything you make... They are differnt and a one off. I like one off's.
    Talking about kitchens :-)
    Recycled :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your Blogiversary!
    I am a follower and would Love to have a copy of Harvey!
    I also sent an e-mail and it was returned undeliverable!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. And a Very Happy 2nd Blogging Anniversary Christine.

    I am just passed my 1st years blogging and I have to agree with everything you say about the blogging community, 'tis a great thing to belong to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely idea Christine. I just love the prim teddy you made! One of the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found you tonight, I'm a Scotish lassie living in Tasmania and following Jesus my saviour too I'd love a copy of your pattern however I couldnt get your email addie correct, also love your little amish doll I have a thing for the amish folks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I embarassed to say I just started following even though I've been reading your blog almost as long as you've been writing it. And you've given me decorating inspiration!

    Please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine
    so right your are and most of the time I am a few days behind with whats going on..so glad to have found you here a great prim friend I have found...enjoy Mothers Day tomorrow and let yourself be totally pampered..will be dropping an email so I can create your bunny..Thanx for sharing him..hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on two years of blogging Christine!! I'm sorry I haven't been around too much the past few weeks. I've been trying to catch up with my email, since my first post on Jordan. He's improving daily. Thank you so much for your prayers :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  19. How funny that your hubby is the one that recommend you blog. I wish mine would have so I can say it's his fault, lol. I get so busy with my family that I don't have near the time I want to blog. Oh well, they will always be first, right? Dang family... lol!

    Happy 2nd Anniversary!! I am blessed to have you as one of my prim blog sisters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!