Friday, 18 February 2011

Spring Cross stitch Sampler & WIP update

Another weekend is here!

We have a few things lined up, the big one being a party for my FIL's 75th birthday tomorrow and I need to sort somethings out for it. But before things get too busy I just thought I'd let you see my progress on the Stacy Nash sampler I started a few weeks back. I'm making slow headway though as the osnaburg is tough on the old eyes.It should be worth the effort - I hope I can do it justice as I'm prone to making mistakes when counting stitches!

Another reason why the Stacy Nash sampler is coming along slowly is that I let myself be waylaid, because I've been trying my hand at designing a spring sampler based on a verse found in the Song of Solomon 2 v11~ this is my first attempt but it isn't prim enough for my liking ~



So it was back to the grid paper and a change of thread colors and this is what I finished up yesterday. I tea stained it for an aged look but not entirely sure about that lol!


The main thing I love about this is that for the first time I got to stitch on REAL linen 28ct and to my surprise (after a few false starts!!) I found it lovely to work on! So from now on I'll use linen and I have to thank Lisa for helping me out here and sending me some linens to try!
Thanks so much Lisa!

Here's wishing everyone a lovely (almost Spring like) weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Those are just darling Christine! I'm sure you'll find linen much easier to stitch on than the osnaburg!
    Great job on that verse!
    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I haven't done any stitching in YEARS! I actually have a very old sampler that my great aunt did when she was just a girl in Germany. I have it framed and hanging on the wall in our dinning room. I absolutely love it. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Christine!! I do admire your ability to cross stitch. My eyes are too old and tired to do it but I love the look. I will have to stick to prim stitcheries, and trust me, mine are prim.8-)
    Have a great week-end and enjoy the birthday party. 75, what a blessing!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, dear.. Hey, wish you FIL happy birthday from Canada, eh.... As far as Spring goes ... I think it will still be awhile in this part of the world...lol..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely Christine! I don't do cross stitch, but I find hand stitching very relaxing to do...spring is coming yay! Just noticed in the garden yesterday that my daffodils are well up, can't wait till they are in full bloom! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christine! Bet you enjoyed working on the linen. The first cross stitch I ever did was on linen and it spoils you:)

    Hope you had a great family time over the weekend,

    Speak soon,
    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi christine
    your stitchin' is beautiful...patterns are great but nothing more rewarding than a finished prim item you were in on from the drawing board..love the verse..♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy Nash has some neat designs, it's really hard to choose which ones to get! I've come away from there a few times frustrated because I can't get my "wish list" narrowed down enough, lol!

    Those are pretty spring samplers, love them both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!