Monday, 17 January 2011

Some stitchin' for Valentine's!

Yes, I think the Valentine stitchin' love bug must have bitten me! I've been busy stitching away all last week which is why I'm only getting to posting now.

There are so many talented designers who offer free patterns that I'm struggling to find time to start them all! I've been really trying hard to finish one project before starting a new one! But it's REALLY HARD when ever day I come across more lovely patterns!

Here's what I've managed to accomplish~

Robin, from Bird-in-the-Hand Primitives had this freebie doodle and I drew up a pattern from her doodle for this Cupid and hand sewed him - hasn't he a comical face! I'm always surprised at the faces my creations end up with!
I love the reds in this little pillow and I used 'The Sampler Girl's free Be Mine pattern.



This is such a cute little pin keep from a freebie by Primitive Betty's
This cool blues for winter is a design by Appleseed Prim and I'm pleased with the end result for a pinkeep.

Lastly this is another pattern from The Sampler Girl for Valentine's

I have put some of these on my selling blog already so head over to The Primitive Shelf now to buy!

I've still got loads more ideas and things to stitch so guess what? The housework might just suffer a bit (more) this week! lol!
Have fun this week !

14 comments:

  1. What's a bit of dust when your so creative :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all lovely, I couldn't even choose a favorite! Lovely.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Christine!! You've been a busy bee lately and put me to shame! LOL

    They all look wonderful ~ I esp. love the RED 'Be Mine' pillow and the Val. Day(last pic).

    Keep up the good work!!!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have certainly been busy. They are all lovely!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you sure have been very busy!! My goodness, so many lovely creations- you have to be creative when that bug bites-housework will always be there-you go girl:))

    Your cross stitch is so neat-great idea with the little cupid,

    Maybe you could pass some inspiration on over to me.....

    Have a great week,
    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all your goodies! I've been trying to stitch every spare minute too...I know what you mean about the housework. LOL!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little cupid he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine
    love your pinkeeps as always and went straight over to your selling blog to see if the cool blues was available..I have just finished doing my bedroom and have gone for a white and grey/blue theme that would have been a great piece to pop in there...there is some great sharing designers out there and a real bonus to when they offer freebie patterns..have a great week..XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl! You have been in the mood for hearts. Very sweet handmades! Best wishes on selling. I'm sure you will do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you've been busy! I especially like the cupid you made - what a great idea to turn a stichery pattern into a 3D item! Good job!@

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI CHRISTINE.. I WAS SURE I HAD COMMENTED ON THIS... PERHAPS I AM LOSING IT..LOL..
    WONDERFUL WORK, DEAR...
    YOU SURE DO KEEP BUSY...
    TAKE CARE...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the things you have been working on - they are lovely! You have certainly been busy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Christine..Tickled you jumped over to visit my blog when you were visiting Carmen's blog...Glad to have you aboard..
    Love all your creations..I'd say that you are correct when you say the Prim Bug has hit you..when your hooked your hooked and that thing called house work seems to get put on the back burner..had to laugh..Yesterday I had to finally clean my happy home it was worse then a mess. One love of my life is my job Creating Prims. It consumes my life and I love it ..So welcome to the world of Crafting Prims..
    Blessings
    Tonya
    P.S. So cool you are from Irland Carmen's Dads Family is from Irland. She is the 2nd generation of Purcell's since her Great Grandfather came to America.

    ReplyDelete
  14. he has got to be the cutest cupid doll ever!!!
    I just love him....but of course I love all of Robin's designs! Great job on the stitcheries.
    patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!