Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Gone for another year...


Didn't Christmas just fly past?!!!
Hope everyone enjoyed themselves - we did and the children filled the house with screams of excitement on Christmas morning - I love watching their faces, that's my favorite part of Christmas! Okay, I DO love my Christmas dinner too! My parents came over for Christmas lunch and we had a lovely meal together. On Boxing Day we visited my husband's parents and enjoyed more food and family time together.


My oldest couldn't believe her eyes when she realized her dreams had come true and she was finally holding her very own ipod touch!

I also wanted to show you a new Santa I made from Mr Jingles pattern by The Olde Country Cupboard. I didn't make legs for him but adapted him slightly and made his coat a bit longer to prop him up instead. Here's what he looks like, free standing, in the midst of some fairy lights which I am tidying away for another year. I've already got the main tree etc packed away and thoroughly cleaned the main living room and it feels GOOD to have the room back to basics ... I feel a strong need to de-clutter the house in the next few weeks. We just seem to have accumulated STUFF and I need to clear it OUT!





Still, it's kind of sad putting away all those Christmas decorations when we look forward to Christmas so much and then it's over in a flash!

But here's hoping 2011 is a great year too!
I thank each one of my blogging pals for making 2010 so great! You have been so generous with your comments and encouraging remarks that I am indebted to you for taking the time to be my friends... Thank you!

Wishing each of you a blessed New Year!




17 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, love the santa!! The pic of your daughter is precious, you can see the surprise.

    I can't believe Christmas has come and gone so fast. The entire year was just a flash. The older I get the faster they pass, I thought it was supposed to slow down!8-)
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am itching to get everything tidied away Christine...as you know I start my Christmas decor very early, so my duster will be working overtime tomorrow lol!
    I have also really enjoyed the time spent with family & friends, and just love it when specially chosen gifts "hit the spot"! Wishing you & your family special blessings for 2011!
    ps..... I love the Santa!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine,
    Earlier today I finally found your other post from a few days ago~ don't know how I missed it, but here you are again w/such sweet sentiments and we wish you the same!

    Love your Santa~ his face is darling!

    Here's to a great NEW YEAR!!! Thanks for being such a great bloggie buddy!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Santa!

    Have a Blessed New Year,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like starting the new year with a clean slate too, and then slowly things make their ways back to our shelves. I love the expression captured on your daughter's face!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I can't believe it is over for another year!
    Glad you all had a great time-your daughter looks delighted:)

    I love how your santa turned out-love his face.

    Happy New Year to you all and looking forward to continued friendship next year!

    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR CHRISTINE :-) XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a wonderful 2011! Peace, Love, Health and Happiness for the New Year!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hideeho Christine:) Hey Santa looks awesome! He'll be all ready to pop back out for next Christmas:) Happy New Year to you and yours luv! Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmases come and go so much faster, as the years tend to fly by! Love your Santa! Hope you have a happy new year! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy New Year...
    I'm wishing you the best for the new year, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Santa is too cute! Glad you had an exciting Christmas with the family! May your new year bring you lots more joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is sad to put all the decorations away. It will be fun to see how creative we all will be with winter decorations. Blessings on you and your family for the new year.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a wonderfully Happy and Healthy New Year!

    I know what you mean about feeling the need to de-clutter! I do the same thing after Christmas...
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you all had a wonderful holiday! I'm like you, I love seeing the kids' faces light up and I like the food too, hehe!

    Your Santa is so adorable Christine! Sandy has some wonderful patterns, she is so talented!

    I've enjoyed following your blog and seeing all your wonderful creations over the year. I wish I was as talented as you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI again Christine! :)
    Love your Santa...sooo sad to put him away but it'll be sooo much more exciting getting him out next year...ooops later this year....lol!
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New nad looking forward to becoming good friends! :)
    Hugs Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!