Friday, 3 September 2010

My First Swap Goodies arrived today!!

Hello and happy September, friends!
Change is in the air again as the season of summer slips away and ever so gradually autumn steals in. this week all of the children returned to school and so far so good... they seem to be settling in well. We had a mixed summer weather wise, but of course now the schools are back the weather this week has been the nicest since June, just before school was out!! Typical!

At the start of August, Angi from Drakestone Primitives Country Cabin and I decided to get in the mood for fall by having a swap. I was really excited as I've never taken part in a swap before and even rather scared because if you've seen Angi's primitive creations you'll know how talented she is!
We gave ourselves the month to create some goodies and it was as well we did with the kids off school and then Angi's surgery 2 wks ago. But it takes more than a shoulder op to stop Angi!
True to her word my swap goodies arrived today and I couldn't wait to open that box!I knew before I opened the box that the contents would be fantastic and I was not disappointed!
Look at this gorgeous pumpkin that I lifted out first~
Now I've been trying to make a few pumpkins for fall decorating and somehow just can't get them to look prim enough so this is a wonderful gift as was this cute oneAnd how cute is this - a pumpkin headed oh-so-prim hanging doll holding a FALL sign~Here's a closer pic of the Fall banner she's holding~Angi, you are so talented and I can't thank you enough for wanting to do a swap. I love these amazing prims and I'm so pleased with them!


With the children (hopefully) in to more of a routine again, I am trying to make some more fall prims myself and after I literally force myself to sort out my prim room, I'm hoping to decorate for fall then.

Thanks for your visit and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Best wishes

17 comments:

  1. Love it all Christine. Its very cute the way you have it grouped on that shelf. Will you be leaving it there?
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, You sure did get a great swap!!
    That is so sweet of her. Now, you are ready to decorate for fall!

    I hope you do another swap they are alot of fun. I do them and really enjoy it!!!

    Have a great weekend holiday!
    Prim Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine,

    You sure got some wonderful prim goodies from your swap partner! She did an amazing job on them!
    I can't wait to see what all you sent her.

    I'm in a private fall swap w/another blogger that's due out in a couple of wks. and am working on some items myself, but it sure is fun to see what others come up with.

    Have a great wkend!
    Tanya~friendshiipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Awesome goodies!! love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your swap goodies. Aren't swaps fun, it's like waiting for a Christmas gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    What a lovely box of goodies you got from Angie-she is very talented!

    Love the way they look on your corner shelf,
    Good to hear from you again and looking forward to seeing your craft items:)

    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice prim treasures you received. Swapping has been so much fun and I love getting to know the other gals and proud to have their items displayed in my home.
    Wishing you a wonderful holiday weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so cute! I've never participated in a swap, but this looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWSERS!!
    What amazing Prim Goodies!!
    Fabulous swap.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi christine
    So So gald you love your goodies they look fab in their new home..I am sure mine will be here tomorrow..fingers crossed I am so excited LOL..XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a talented lady and perfect fall items. It's still nearly 100 degrees here, so I haven't gotten out any fall things yet :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what lovely fall items. That was a really nice swap. I love your blog, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine, awesome goodies you got there!! I love Angi's stuff, have purchased a few of her patterns. I have done a couple of swaps and they are so fun. Have a good week!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your swap goodies! Angi did an outstanding job :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi, thanks for posting my give-away. I am new to swaps, I have signed up for 4, can't wait to receive my first swap package. Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have seen Angi's creations, they are wonderful but girl don't sell yourself short... your creations are just as beautiful as hers!!

    Love the goodies she sent you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!