Saturday, 14 August 2010

This 'n' That

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! For now the weather is being nice to us and we've had a few sunnier days in a row - so we've been out and about making the most of it. Yesterday the kids and I set off on our bicycles and rode to a nearby wood and they ended up splashing about in the river.Wish I'd thought to bring the camera and show you some of the views. :-(
I've been creating of course in between times and after a treat of ice cream in the evenings! Yum!
I love penny rugs and bought myself a circle stencil in Michaels which is great for cutting different sized circles.
So after lots of sizing and cutting and blanket stitching I've made a diamond shaped penny rug!
I got some new wool felt on holiday and love the colors.
I also put one of Carole's rusty old bed springs to good use with the bird made from a pattern by Tennessee Ridge Primitives.It's always good to get prim supplies and as well as the rusty springs I had been on the look out for 2" high wooden reels on which I can attach pinkeeps. Thanks to Michele from Soggibottom for sending me these and they will be used very soon as I've started the pinkeeps.
Thanks to all you bestest of blogging friends who wished us well on our 17th anniversary in my last post. We went out to dinner that evening and had a lovely time.

Well that wraps up things for the time being and I hope you all have a blessed weekend.
Best wishes


11 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    Thanks for stopping by and good to see another post from you too!

    Great work on the penny rug-templates make it so much easier, don't they?

    Love the spools from Michele-can't wait to see what you do with them:)

    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your penny rug! Is it hard to sew the circles together? I use my Cuttlebug and a circle diecutter to cut the circles... and usually come to a standstill at that stage.Oh well, that's a project for another day!
    Have a great Saturday, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear... Lovely penny rugs.. You are doing more all the time.. I am so proud of you.. lol...
    I dearly love your header... Is that in the Pa. or in Ireland... It is wonderful.. Midge is a sweetie, eh?
    Have a good weekend.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOhh...i loved ur blog template,is sooo cute...i also am a lover 'bout primitive stuffs.Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the penny rug Christine...and the little bird makedo is just lovely...you have been busy! I'm just enjoying this beautiful sunshine we are being blessed with, before it disappears again!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet little penny rugs. Thanks for the birthday wishes too, I had a wonderful day. I laughed at your comment about your mom giving away her old machine, not because she did that, but because my mom did the same thing! I was always so heartbroken about it, and then found this one in an ad about 13 or 14 years ago. It's in working order, and the lady I bought it from said she didn't think it had ever been used. It sure doesn't look like it has. I keep it closed most of the time now though, because that's where I sit and sew with my machine :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, I love the little penny rug and the bird in the spring. I'm glad you are enjoying your sunnier days, I am "surviving" our 100 plus temps. 8-)
    You mentioned in a post on my blog that I just read that you were trying to find my email, it is
    dbunger@wcc.net
    Take Care!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the penny rug...too cute! I love it when we can make something out of old junk like the bed springs. Sorry I missed your 17 years together post. Happy Anniversary to you both. Love your thought behind the wedding band.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pleased they arrived.
    Even with cotton on :-) Now I can't wait to see what you make with them :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just printed off a Michael's coupon this morning; I'd love to make a penny rug. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your penny rug is beautiful! I love the wonderful colors you've used on it. The bird is adorable on the spring, great work girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!