Tuesday, 10 August 2010

17 years ago...



I'm going to be a bit self-indulgent today and take a trip down memory lane to Aug 10th 1993, the day we were married!
It was a wonderful day with family and friends and great weather. I certainly felt like a princess and couldn't stop smiling.I don't normally do 'dressing up' as I've always been a bit of a tom-boy and would prefer less fuss but I loved my wedding dress! For me, it had just the right amount of detail without being 'over-the-top'. It was made of silk and had a small train but it was the bows and drop pearls which I really loved.So I took it out of its storage box to admire it and re-live the day and hope you don't mind if I share some photos of it with you.Little buttons down the back~And I love the sleeves with bows and matching buttons,I still have my veil which had little crystal drops around the scalloped edge with little bows ~
My wedding ring is very special and one we designed to reflect the verse of Scripture which means a lot to us in our married life together from Ecclesiastes 4 verse 12, 'a threefold cord is not quickly broken'. I loved the plaited idea of the threefold cord representing the Lord in our marriage and I can truly say we have been blessed in our 17 years together.
Thank you for letting me ramble on and enjoy the memories!
Hope to be back soon,
have a great week!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Christine
    *Happy Anniversary* to you both..I loved your dress too so beautiful with all that detail..You have yourself a great day.. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine
    Happy 17th Anniversary! What a beautiful couple you are! You certainly did look like a princess. Your gown and veil are lovely. I love your wedding ring and the symbolism. The strongest marriages are those that are a threesome, you, your spouse and God. May God continue to bless you abundantly today and always. Enjoy your special day together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Christine and Happy Anniversary..
    I bet it seems like yesterday that you said those vows.. Time has a way of flying by... Your dress is simply beautiful and you both look like a darlin Irish couple.
    I love your ring and all it stands for and it is wonderful that He is at the centre..
    God Bless you for many more years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Christine!! May you have many more years of happiness together!!

    Take care,
    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Happy Anniversary." What a great accomplishment by todays standards Christine. You were such a beautiful bride. I wish you and your hubby many more blessed years together.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Christine!! Your dress is just beautiful and thanks so much for sharing your special memory with us. Your wedding band is wonderful and the meaning behind it is even more precious!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Your gown was absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a really great Anniversary Christine.
    :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Christine!
    What a handsome couple you make! Your dress is beautiful and the wedding band and scripture so meaningful.
    May God continue to bless your lives with many more years of love, health and happiness.
    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress! Beautiful Bride! Handsome Groom! Best of all the threefold cord!
    Our verse is Phil.2:2 Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary, may you have many,
    many more to come! What a lovely couple
    you make and thanks for sharing.

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Christine! Your wedding dress and ring are beautiful. I was thinking, I was quite pregnant with my 3rd child when you got married :-) She was born on Sept. 3rd.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to say what a beautiful bride you were.... now you can blush. :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated Happy Anniversary to you both!

    You haven't changed a bit- looking lovely as always:)

    blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many congratulations, hope you had a wonderful day! Loved seeing your beautiful photos. We share the same Anniversary Christine. I got married on the 10 August 1991! Hugs. Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I miss this Christine! Happy Anniversary...mine was the day after yours!

    Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Christine, I somehow missed this too but my blog followers list has been doing strange things lately. It only goes back 24 hours now and sometimes I am not on everyday. But...Happy Anniversary a few days late. I love your dress and the ring is so touching, we are also followers of the Lord Jesus so it touched my heart to hear the story of the ring.
    Take care.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated Anniversary!!

    Aw, what a sweet, sweet story about the ring. That is a wonderful story and I enjoyed it so much. Our marriages are stronger and do stand better when God is in the center. I wouldn't want it any other way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!