Thursday, 22 July 2010

Some goodies

Hi friends, hope you are enjoying summer! We've had more rain so I'd love to see the sun though I know many of you would love to have a weather swap with me!lol!
I decided to go ahead and share a couple of pictures of some prim goodies I brought back from our trip to Pennsylvania, tho' this isn't the way I'd planned as I'm having problems getting pics from my hubby's camera.But anyhow, here are a few goods I thought would suit my home and spots which could do with a prim fix!It was a treat to buy this stitchery and not have to do it myself for a change!
I have wanted one of theses long baskets for a space in my hallway wall and it fits so nicely as does this black metal star candle sconce - now I have the luxury of changing pieces around to suit.I bought a couple of these battery operated taper candles but guess what, I need batteries!!! so that's why it's not lit!How do you like my fabric stash? I LOVE these fabrics and specifically went looking for Americana civil war reproduction fabrics so I'm well chuffed with these which I found in Amish quilt/dry goods stores. In fact there was so much choice I was overwhelmed and found it hard to pick!

We also got to Jo Ann's and Michael's for crafty bits and pieces so now there's no excuse: I've got to get stitchin'! Looking forward to that and am already making up bits and pieces for my selling blog, The Primitive Shelf.

Thanks so much for coming by for a visit, I'm still trying to catch up on everyone's posts and leave comments, but thanks for leaving a comment as we all love to know who's stopped by!
Please, don't be a stranger and say 'hello'!

Best wishes

10 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    I love your new goodies!!

    I love battery orperated candles.
    But everytime my kids need batteries for their remotes, my candles batteries seem to disappear. LOL!!

    I love buying fabric. A girl can never have too much. Hubby doesnt understand why I love to buy it when 90% of it is just piled on shelves in my office.
    I try to explain.... but he just doesnt get it. Hehee!!

    Take Care,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back home ~ so glad to hear your trip was a shopping success! We've just returned from a trip to North Carolina where we visited the Biltmore. It's such a magnificent home but cameras were not allowed inside. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine,
    Welcome home! Looks like you got yourself some extra nice goodies! I keep wondering how you and Shazy fit all that stuff you bought into a suitcase! LOL

    Glad you enjoyed your trip!

    Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've bought Christine...exactly what I would have chosen! Why can't we have good craft stores over here...I could probably stock one from my stash lol! Look forward to see what you're going to make for your store!

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine-thought this post was never going to come!lol!

    LOVE all your goodies-the long basket looks amazing and I love your stitchery-all so prim!

    Looking forward now, to seeing what you will be making with all that stash:))

    Have a great weekend-the sun has popped it's head, so we better catch a few rays before it disappears:)

    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi christine
    glad you are getting back to normal and thinking of your next projects..just love your fabric I bet you were like a child in a sweetie shop..just couldn't choose LOL..hope you don't have trouble putting the scissors to it..I sometimes struggle with that problem on lovely fabrics HA HA.. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine!
    I love all your goodies from PA. I would like to get some of those tapers. Love your choices of fabric and I can't wait to see what you make.

    Hope you get some sunny weather soon!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. HELLO CHRISTINE...YOU BOUGHT SOME LOVELY ITEMS.. I LOVE THE CIVIL WAR FABRICS.. WHEN I WAS THERE I BOUGHT SOME, TOO.. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN PUT TO USE YET BUT I AM GLAD I HAVE THEM.. SOME COVERED BOOKS, MAYBE...
    THANKS FOR YOUR SWEET COMMENTS..
    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some nice items, and I love that fabric! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with it.
    I'm glad you had such a nice time.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine I have been shopping many many times at country creations we only live about a thirty minute drive from Strasburg. You won't find any better deals than in Lancaster County glad you enjoyed you holiday hope it wasn't to terribly hot for you I am a Brit living in U.S. Geri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!