Thursday, 29 July 2010

'Primland' Part 2 & LOTS of photos!



Welcome friends!
Thanks to each of you for such lovely comments on my last post - I truly hope you enjoy sharing this part of our trip in Primland even more, as I show you a few of the places we visited.
Being among the Amish is so amazing for us - I love learning about their way of life, and to see it in action is a dream come true for me!Can you imagine doing all that washing by hand?

Well as our time in Pennsylvania was short, we set out early to find some prim stores and the first one nearest our B&B was in Strasburg. Country Creations is over three floors and the furniture is absolutely gorgeous as are these quilts~I wanted to fit this in my suitcase sooooo badly!!

But I had to leave it behind and we drove to Hershey's World of Chocolate for the children but the adults were just as keen to taste it! Later we drove through Manheim and into Lititz, a really picturesque town. On Main street there are lovely shops and here are some of the ones I visited~ Much to my dismay, Sue's Back porch was closed - a peek through the window and I could tell it was a wonderful prim shop. The front window display was an Americana delight!
Here's what the dry goods store had for an entrance display - getting in the mood for fall!
And here I am wandering up and down all those rows of fabric totally mesmerized by the selection!Here's another display in their store;I was chuffed to bits to find antique spools and here's how I've displayed them for now~Hope you are glad you stopped by!

Looking through these pics has only made me wish I was back again!
But I'm so thankful I have a patient, kind hubby and I thank him again for giving me this trip of a lifetime!
See you all again soon

14 comments:

  1. Hey Christine,
    Well part two of your Amish tour certainly didn't disappoint!
    We have loved visiting the Amish for yrs. but mostly go to the one in Ohio, as it is much closer for us. You'd love it there too! Shop after shop, street after street, it is just prim amazing!LOL
    Those spools look great the way you displayed them. Are you holding out on anymore goodies???tee hee
    It makes me want to dig through my pics I took last yr. I might just have to do a post of them.
    Anyway, thanks for sharing and making us drool. LOL

    Enjoy your day!
    Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine
    OH what a delight part 2 is..The pics of the shops are just amazing and I sure was droolin' LOL..love how your shelf looks..Its a pity you weren't travelling by sea coz I bet you would have bought a boat load.. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine your trip has me wanting to pack my bags and head out to "Primland!" Again how awesome for you to be able to come to the States and visit a place that means so much to you! I don't blame you for wanting to try to slip that "settee" into your suitcase. ;-)
    I'm sure your trip will hold very special memories for you and your family for many years.
    Blessings,
    Sheila
    http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that brings back wonderful memories of our holiday in Lancaster County Christine! I feel so at home there, so peaceful & all those prim stores! Your photos are great, I have enjoyed seeing them.... are you back down to earth yet lol!

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat shop! Thanks for sharing with us. Looks like you had a great time.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christine,

    Found your blog while hopping around ! I live in West Central Pennsylvania and have been to Lancaster twice years ago, but it is always nice to see what shops are around in that neighborhood in case I can get my dh to take me. He would rather go to Ireland to see where his ancestors lived..

    It must be really prim and antique living in such an old country with the old homes and castles. The USA can't compare to that !

    We have Amish folks living near the area where I live and in a little town called Smicksburg in PA.

    Love your blog and thanks for sharing the Lancaster photos !

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine... I see we were at a couple of the same places, eh? Did your son see the car at Herseys? That fabric store was awesome.. How I would love that..
    Have a great weekend, dear...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine, I hopped over here when I found you had joined my followers. What an absolute delight!! I live in West Texas, a long, long, long way from Pennsylvania but I am ready to hop in my pick-up truck and go there today!! What a treat for you to come to the U.S. and find such a perfect place. Your husband is a sweetie for sure!!
    I am so delighted to meet you and will now be a follower. Looked back through some older posts and enjoyed them all!!
    Blessings to you,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh ! ..... oh! .... Oh!..... look at all that fabric. Ah.... delights .... more pics, more pics, more pics...
    Thanks Christine. Love all the pics. You must have great time. Might not have got me on the plane home that easily.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you were able to get to PA. We visited Hershey, Lititz, and the Lancaster area last year. It was the first time we'd been there and we loved it. We bought a new truck and camper today so I'm hoping there will be many more road trips in my future!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. christine, we have many amish families near sweetwater and it reminds me that there are many, many people who live beautifully without electricity, propane - or natural gas, gasoline, insurance, 3 vehicles or any of the huge expenses we have to live the "good life." ha! i'm just sayin'.......

    great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures. I so love Lancaster and can't wait to go back next spring when my hubby returns from Afghanistan. Glad you had a nice visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine,
    Nice to meet you.
    I live two hours from Lancaster. Don't you just love it? I would be broke if I lived any closer. The fabric shops are killers!
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your buggy and laundry picture! I just adore the Amish also. They are so fascinating to me.

    We went to Hershey's World of Chocolate one year and the kids loved it!

    So many prims, so much fabric.. oh my!! I would have been in those stores forever! I'm so glad you got to go and experience it all.

    Cute idea for your antique spools! I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!