Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Happenings and news

Hello friends!

Thanks for visiting!
My first bit of news and happenings is to give a fellow blogger from N. Ireland a plug on the launch of her selling blog, The Primitive Crows Nest. Carole is a multi talented crafter so please check this out!
I think I'm already in 'winding down - holiday mode' lol! I've started a few relatively simple sewing items and can't get around to finishing them! it's lazy of me, I know, but the weather has been gorgeous here and we've been outdoors as much as possible.
I made up this Annie shelf sitter for fun, to use up the Americana fabric -my kids are always really amused at the hair-do's I give them and Cerys had as much fun giving this doll funny hair as with any of her own dolls!


This is one of Twigs' 'Primitive Blessings' free patterns - they're great but I'm not sure how to finish it off - any suggestions?And yet another project is this - a star make-do from Tennessee Ridge Primitives which I LOVE but have to paint and stain - oh boy I need to finish something!

Right, I'm going to stop messing about and get something done so I promise to have the stars make-do finished for Friday in between packing the suitcases! So check back then and let me know what you think!

As for our trip to the US in a few days time, we're getting so excited. I love the food, the craft shops and of course primitive, country stores. Just can't wait!
The plane flight is 8 hours and I got this book to read whilst traveling but I peeped inside the first pages and it was too late! I couldn't stop reading! It's a good, lightweight read and I'll definitely read the next in the series which comes out in a couple months. ( It's OK, I've already ordered a Beverly Lewis novel from Amazon to read instead!lol!)

Before I go there is a prayer request I need to mention for a young mother who just gave birth to her son last Wednesday and 2 days later was diagnosed with stage 4 malignant melanoma and has already had surgery. Please please pray for this young mum, her husband and 2 daughters that The LORD would be a very present help in trouble.

Thanks so much for reading this and for your interest.
Hope to hear from you and will post on Friday my finished stars.
Blessings to you


13 comments:

  1. Cute projects.

    Yes, we'll join you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine thank you so much for the mention, you are very kind! I hope you have a wonderful holiday...I have to wait till next year
    :( ...and guess what, we share the same taste in books...that one is a wonderful read! I have a selection of books on the Amish and have enjoyed reading them! That young Mum is in my thoughts Christine...how sad, but I hope she & her family will be surrounded by love & prayers
    ...

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy even though you think you are being lazy. We are supposed to relax in the summertime. You will get things finished when you are ready. I love Beverly Lewis Books. She is a fabulous writer. I will definitely be praying for your request. Please keep us updated on this young woman progress. What a horrible thing to have to be going through when this is to be a blessed time with the birth of a new baby.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine~
    your projects are darling! I hope your trip to the US is great fun, where will you be visiting to?
    I will include this young mother and her family in my prayers. So sad.
    Safe travels.
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine!
    All your projects are just wonderful and I can't wait to see them finished up :) I stitched that pattern from Twigs and Sprigs and I just love it, I framed mine. Praying for peace, comfort, and healing for that young family and wisdom for the doctors.

    Have a wonderful vacation!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine-I think you have done well with your creations, even if you don't!! Looking forward to Friday to see the finishes:))

    I'm excited for you for your hols-spend, spend, spend!lol!

    That book looks like a good read-I'm finishing the last one in Beverley Lewis' present series-that is why I have no sewing to show!

    Best wishes for your hols,

    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine,

    loving your shelf sitter Annie - very cute, and I love her hair!

    Here's to a wonderful holiday, i'll wait in anticipation to hear all about it . . . and try not to drool over your piccies!

    Sending my wishes and thoughts to the young family ~ what an awful thing to be going through at what should be a wonderful time.

    Lisa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Christine!

    You're getting more sewing done than some of of us! LOL

    Cute shelf sitter(love the hair) and I would maybe sew some homespun fabric around the stitchery pattern and make a pillow out of it. Just an idea.

    I definately will be praying for a miracle for that sweet family! What awful news! But God can turn it all around and something good will come out of it!

    Where, oh where will you be visiting here in the states?? Inquiring minds want to know! Is it near me??? LOL What shops will you be visiting??? We want details, girlie! ha

    I have read lots of wonderful Amish books and I don't want to put them down when I start either! :))

    Hope you have a wonderful trip wherever it may be and lots of great shopping! Take LOTS of pics!

    Have fun, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Christine
    got my goodies today and I am chuffed to bits with them..Do think your nearly dones are looking good so far (LOL) and I am going to pop on over to your mates blog now..here is wishing you a fantastic trip and look forward to your post when you get back.. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine.. It is hard to concentrate on anything when you are so excited about your trip I would think. Your work is excellent as always. I will put your dear friends request on the prayer line and believe that the God of miracles will do more than we ask or think...
    Praying for your travelling mercies and looking forward to seeing all your pics...
    Blessings from N.B. Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read that book!!! LOVED it! Can't wait for the next one to come out either.

    I will definitely pray for your friend and for a safe trip here!!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll check out Carole's blog. Thanks for the link!

    Your projects are adorable even if they aren't finished. I love Primitive Blessings patterns.

    It's hard to think about anything else when you're getting ready to go on vacation! Looks like you have a good book to get you through the flight. I love Beverly Lewis. I need to check this book and author out. I will pray for safe travels for you all. Praying for the baby too. I pray the family feels God at work throughout their ordeal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!