Monday, 7 June 2010

Great weekend & MORE Americana!

Hello and welcome! What a lovely weekend we had! It was our annual Sunday School picnic in the park and the weather was hot and sunny, the fun was great and the food was yummy! Couldn't ask for better than that!I thought I'd share some photos of the park. We were on a spot overlooking the lake but sheltered beside the wall of the ancient medieval fort and keep.


This is inside the wall of the fort as it is today for the public to enjoy and below here I am in one of the lookout turrets - can you see the small aperture at my elbow? That was where the archers would have taken aim at the enemy!





This is a view from the fort towards the village and the former court house.


Here are two of my brood enjoying the slides with one of their cousins. I had a go too but we all got burns from the protective cover! Ouch!I have been trying to put out more of my Americana bits and bobs. I don't know that I'm entirely pleased with the look but here goes~

I also got this cross stitch finished and it's being listed on my selling blog today.

Well, that's us all caught up on the happenings and goings on in my small corner!
I'm so glad you called by and would love to hear from you!
Have a great week!


10 comments:

  1. Hey Christine,

    I really enjoyed all your pics of the park~ beautiful!! The former court house looks like a castle to me, ha.

    Nice pic of you! I always pictured you w/dark hair for some reason! LOL

    Of course I loved all your Americana pics~ they look great and LOVE that big saltbox house and Old Glory penny rug! I want one! LOL

    Have a great week!

    Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine! I enjoyed your post today, nice seeing pictures from different parts of the world. Your Americana displays are wonderful.
    Hope you have a great week ahead!
    Blessings~
    Sheila @
    Seasons of Thy Heart and
    Country Impressions selling blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine
    You and your family looked like you were having fun enjoyed the pics..love the sampler... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had fun on Saturday-you got great weather:)

    Love all the Americana decor-looks great and I love the little sampler,

    Have a great week,
    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Christine... I am so proud of you...lol..
    You are lovely... I also thought you would have brown hair.. It is so nice to see pics of Ireland... I love it!! Your little gatherings are wonderful as is your posting.. I just got back home to the internet as we were away...
    Have a great week.
    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine~
    What a beautiful place to go visit, that fort is amazing!
    All your decorating looks great! I love the Americana gameboard. Your stitchery is so nice too. Cross stitch is one thing I cannot do. My eyes play terrible tricks on me. ;)
    Hope the rest of your week goes well.
    Blessings~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine,
    What a wonderful place to have a picnic! All your Americana looks great!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you really had a ball, wish I was there!!!!!!

    I LOVE your American theme of the beautiful displays that you have put together, PRIM PERFECT!!!!!!!I LOVE gameboards and I see yours, love it and the glass jar with the American rag balls are AWESOME!!
    Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see a picture of your Christine. We bloggers always forget to put up our own photos. I love that gameboard, and all of the Americana looks wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place! A wonderful place for a get together! That is a neat fort! I love it when our Sunday school class has fun stuff like this for the whole family. There is always lots of food, fun, and fellowship.

    I'm pleased with your Americana look! Lol! I think it looks great, I love all your decorations especially that gameboard! I also love that jar with the rag balls. I so love to make them! I can't seem to leave a jar lid alone though... I think you need to add a little bit of homespun to that lid. =] Oh yeah... did you know I love homespun too? Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!