Friday, 25 June 2010

Friday challenge - Tah Dah!

I just about did it and finished (more or less!) the challenge I set myself on Wed. to complete a project for Friday. It's 11.15pm with us and I wanted to keep my word! We have been out all evening as we took the children to a vintage motor cavalcade - my son love all sorts of cars, lorries and tractors. It was noisy and the air was thick with exhaust fumes but the fellas just love it as the engines revved and roared up and down the road. But on to the challenge...

Remember the stars makedo that looked like this on Wed.?

I made up the 3rd littlest star and painted and stained them. I used the only paints I had in the house and am not entirely convinced they are the deep enough shade they need to be.
So there's plenty of coffee stain and a good dusting of cinnamon involved in the effort to make them aged and grungy. Not sure the photos show this up . But here they are in all their prim red, white and blue glory...I wrapped some rusty wire heart garland around them too for an xtra detail and I may possibly add a small crow as the pattern has. So here's a closer look,
In fact now I see these pics, I think more staining is needed as the red seems pinkish but perhaps it was just the lighting. It is a deeper red in reality.

Well by now it's time to head to bed - much beauty sleep required, lol! (If it hasn't worked by now... know what I mean?!!)

Oh BTW, if you recall I mentioned ordering a new Beverley Lewis novel to read on the flight, well it came today and I've been very good and not even opened the packaging yet... just to be sure...lol!

Have a good night and happy weekend!
Thanks again for being the nicest blogging friends and leaving lovely comments!




13 comments:

  1. Well, Chistine.. it is ll:13pm here and I am too tuckered to talk..lol.. Your stars are lovely.. I wonder how some folks get their pics to look so nice.. My friend told me to put my finger in front of the flash which I do and that does help sometimes..
    Love and Prayers...
    Oh, do you get the Create and Decorate mag over in Ireland? If not there is a new one out and you could pick it up when you get there.. Also, Ollies has tons of cheap really good Christian books down in Pa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project...great idea. Love how you wrapped the stars with the heart wire!!
    Oh and I love Beverly Lewis.....oh yes i do!
    Have a great flight with good reading!
    Prim blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine
    your stars look great and the red one is fine..all worn out and faded LOL love the little flag detail.. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your stars look great and the rusty wire sets them off!

    Have a great time away and I can't wait to see your pics when you get back:))

    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stars Christine...well done! Enjoy your book & your holiday!

    Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE, LOVE your stars you made!!!!!!! You did such a GREAT job on the stars!!! You are very talented!

    Have a great week,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stars turned out wonderful, and I love your patriotic background. I'm not sure when you were leaving for the states, but if you're already here, I hope you're having a wonderful time. I'll say a prayer for that young mom.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice stars! Glad you haven't had the temptation to open up the book!! Which one is it? I've read quite a few of hers! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been so behind on reading blogs...I just decided to check a few on my blog roll and the photo of your non-painted stars pulled me in. I love stars! Love what you made with your stars. So cute and perfect. I'm sure the coloring is just off from the camera. They might be as dark as you had pictured them in your head but they really are nice!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. These stars are really cute! I think your colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments Christine. I don't have your email anymore as I lost most of my info when my son cleaned up my computer about a month ago (your comments show up as non-reply comments). I'm glad you're having a nice visit here in the states :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your stars are prim wonderful! I love how you wrapped the wire garland around them. It's all very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!