Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Whatcha workin' on Wednesday

.... or too many irons in the fire at one time!
So it would seem, as I have started several things to stitch up and have yet to finish any of them!
It's just a case of Spring fever, I think. Too many ideas and things I want or need to get done, but time is never on my side... I know we've all been there or is that the story of your life like mine?!!
But just to play 'catch-up' a little, since I last posted over a week ago.The children all went back to school last Thurs. so we've had to settle back into our daily routine and get on with all the homeworks.
On Sat. we had a great day with our church's youth group on a trip to Belfast. We took a tour of the City Hall which is a beautiful historic building built over 100 years ago when Queen Victoria granted Belfast city status.
Here is a pic of the front of the building~Inside there are many grand formal rooms with amazing stained glass windows and marble floors and staircases - all very fitting for the capital city's best building.
The weather was lovely and sunny for the bbq which followed. It was a great day!
The flight chaos meant there were some disappointments as our niece was going to visit her brother in the US but the flight was cancelled as was the flight of the Romanian preacher who was supposed to visit our church on Sun. morning.Hopefully things are getting back to normal.

I have been trying to finish the third of the Buttermilk Basin patterns but made a mistake and had to start all over again! This is it so far...
I really love X stitch and just had to get started on this Stacy Nash Primitives pattern - I'm stitching it on Aida 18 count which is small enough for my bad eyesight!
Another one of my favorites is any thing Americana so here's a wee peek at something I'm trying for a one of a kind idea ~I hope it turns out ok and then I will share it. That's if I can get around to finishing anything!
It's not that I want more hours in the day, I just need a genie from an old lamp to appear and do all the household chores so I would be free to sew and of course read blogs all day!lol!

Oh well, back to reality and lots to do!
Have a great week whatever you have to do!
God is good!


13 comments:

  1. You've been so busy! I haven't done much stitching and I miss it so much!

    Thanks again for the lovely birthday card. It meant a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,send that genie to my house when you are done.i just finished a Stacy Nash pattern. the monogram pinkeep. i did 5 of them, one for me and the rest are for Mother's Day. Happy Stitchin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine,
    You are too funny! If it weren't for all the chores, I'd be finishing up way more projects than I start, lol.

    Wonderful pics of City Hall and I'm a big fan of Buttermilk Basin and cross stitch! Can't wait to see them when they're done!

    Here's hoping that genie shows up in time for you to complete them.

    Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've got a full plate there! Can't wait to see what you are doing with the Americana stars. I'm a big fan of Americana too! Enjoy the rest of your week and don't forget to take a deep breath every now and then! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine. I have been thinking about you. Ireland is so beautiful... if I could just wake up there and not fly,,lol
    You have been busy and it all looks interesting. I, too can't wait to see what you do with the stars...
    Take care, dear
    Faye / Primitive Lace
    / The Blessed Hearth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine-well worded!! You describe the situation perfectly, if only housework chores didn't get in the way....LOL!

    Glad you got good weather for your trip-nice pics:)

    Keep those projects coming-your wool stitcheries are lovely and I love the X stitch and you know me and Americana!

    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy! Everything looks great....love the stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are sure a busy lady. Looking forward to seeing your new projects.
    Blessings, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally relate! I need one of the genies as well...I've had laundry sitting in baskets for a couple days now waiting to be put away. No one has coming digging for underwear yet so I think I have a couple more days. LOL! All your projects look great and I can't wait to see them finished :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes it seems as if the hours in a day just fly away before we can do all we want to do! So many projects, baking, gardening...etc...
    Busy busy!
    Have a fun busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful work you do!!!!

    I love the picture of that building. It looks so grand and royal. And to see the people sitting out on the lawn, is just really nice.

    Hope you have a nice weekend and that the flight schedules get worked out for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a fun trip with the youth. It sounds like you're busy too. I guess it's just that time of year. We're all itching to get out of the house after being inside so much during the winter. I love Americana too, those stars are pretty. I'll enjoy seeing what you do with them.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know girl.. too much on my list, not enough time to do it! I LOVE blogging but it sure makes my list SO much longer with all the wonderful ideas out there!

    What a gorgeous city hall! I'm sure it was very neat and interesting to take a tour of it. I love historical places like that.

    I love the projects you've been working on. So far everything looks great! I love Americana also and can't wait to see what you're up to. I hope it's not something to add to my project list.. LOL!

    Have a blessed week my friend~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!