Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Whatcha workin' on Wed.

There is a word for all seasons in the Bible and I love the verse in Song of Solomon 2. 11-13 that speaks of spring and even times of refreshing from the Lord, 'lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, ... The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give forth a good smell.' I'm so glad the Lord blesses us so abundantly and fragrantly and calls us to bear fruit for His glory.

Well , I also managed to squeeze in a little stitchin' therapy time this week and thought it was about time I made a start on some patterns i ordered over a month ago from Buttermilk Basin along with some woolen fabric. As I love pineapples, I started this first and here's as far as I've got with it~
I loved the pic in Country Sampler of the twigs and chicks and put together this little display, and made the wee chicks to hang on the twigs. Simple, yet sweet for spring and makes me smile!!:-)

Last week this very special little pillow was returned to me. I say returned because I had given this to my husband's grandmother on her 100th birthday almost 3 years ago. As many of you know, she passed away in January and I am so pleased to get it back to remember her by as I chose the 100th Psalm especially for her 100th and the verse I stitched on it really summed up her life. It was one of my earliest attempts at stitching and now it has a special spot on my rocking chair.

Today is another special day for our family as our one and only son turns 9 ! so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID! You can see all that's left of his chocolate birthday cake because he takes after me and loves chocolate too! Scrummy! Excuse me while I lick my lips - that was good!
I'm off to consume more calories and hope you all have a great week! Thanks for visiting - your friendship is so heartwarming!



11 comments:

  1. I really liked this post Christine. It was full of gooness. I love all of your pieces. The pineapple and lamb stitchery is so pretty. I'm sure that pillow made your grandmother in law very happy when she received it from you. I hope it brings you happiness now that it has come back to you! Your chicks are adorable. How cute they are on the branches.
    Right about now I wouldn't mind having a giant slice of that yummo looking cake. I've been dieting for weeks now and I bet it would taste oh so good!!!
    Enjoy your day,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Christine! Your pillow is just beautiful, I am so glad you got it back. What a special reminder of your grandmother. Happy Birthday to David!!

    Have a blessed day :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those verses Christine-we are so blessed:)
    Happy b'day to David-I sure could down that cake with a cup of coffee right now!!!
    Your sheep stitchery is great-love the wool in the pineapple and your chicks are so cute,
    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cutie pie kids you have! Happy B'day to David! Cake looks yummy!

    So neat that you got your pillow back and how fitting is that verse of scripture.

    Loved your cute little tree and the pineapple/sheep you're working on.

    I'm trying to get some more things stitched and sewn too.

    Have a great week!

    Tanya~www.friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute stuff that you've been working on! I love your little twigs and chicks display. Very simple but perfect for this time of year :)

    How sweet that you got your pillow back! That will be something that means a lot to you for some time!

    Have a great day :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Passing by....
    I love visiting here x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little chickies on the twigs....having your Gram's pillow again ...
    Happy Birthday to David!!!!
    Blessings, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing from the Bible the verses on spring. I haven't read them in awhile. So wonderful to hear again and so thankful that God wants us to experience the freshness and new beginning that spring offers!

    I love the piece you are stitching. It is going to be so cute when you get it finished! I love sheep and pineapples too. The chicks are so adorable on the twigs. What a cute display!

    What a wonderful verse for 100 years old! I'm sure she cherished that pillow and how delightful for you to have it back.

    Happy Birthday to David! Looks like he is excited but who wouldn't be with that delicious looking cake?!

    Have a wonderful week my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore hand stitched things and you do beautiful work! I know you will hold the little pillow close to your heart for many years and then someone else will be fortunate enough to have it with them.
    Happy Birthday to David...I'm going to be making some chocolate cupcakes this week so I will think of yall.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed your sweet son's birthday so give him a Happy Belated Birthday wish from me, all the way from California :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!