Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Spreading a little Spring about!

Hi one and all! Hope the sun's shining where you are! The sunny (but very cold) spring weather continues for us! But even if it's not, I hope by the time you've read this post you feel some warmth and spring freshness.

I managed to get a bit of crafting done - though not as much as I imagined- and attempted to do some spring tweaking! Haha - you thought I was going to say spring cleaning!!lol!

That's on the list but today was time to redo some arrangements in the house for spring.
I am in love with all the bunnies I've seen on blogs and had to make one for myself. I think this fella is more of a hare with such long floppy ears.As for his legs , ummm, I need to figure out how to balance him on two pieces of dowelling in a wood base.

I made up some eggs in homespuns real quick and put them in a rusty wire basket to put on this table~
The basket has Spanish moss in it. This was the first time I'd ever used the stuff. I had no idea it would go everywhere and break into tiny pieces all over the place! Trust me to open it up over a seat covered in a wool blanket. Oh boy, it took ages to clean off and shake out, so then I had to get the vacuum cleaner going as well.

I needed some more of it but this time I went to the kitchen and minimized the spread by cutting off chunks in the bag with scissors. I put some in around this other little bunny~Remember the little bunnies i had in my giveaway? I had to make a couple more for myself and some coffee stained eggs to go in this arrangement for the kitchen table. It really says spring to me and i'm pleased with it.Those are real mini daffodils in it. So spring has just about sprung for us!
As this is Whatcha working on Wed. here's a project I'm working on - a freebie pattern from Bird in the hand primitives - I love Robin's doodles check them out here and visit Leslie too for more whatcha workin' on.

Spring blessing for a lovely week and thanks so much for calling in - it's always great to hear from you!



17 comments:

  1. Always love stopping by and seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet things, thanks for sharing!~~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! that's a LOT of bunnies! LOL and oh so cute I might add! You've been a busy bee!

    I finally finished a project last night, so need to go start a new one!

    Have a great week!

    Tanya ~ www.friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all your Spring decorations :) The grouping on your kitchen table is my favorite .

    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine..You have been a busy girl in Ireland ...I really like your centrepiece and bunnies.. I have been working on some myself.. but I really should try some of your homespun eggs. They are lovely. Blessings..
    Faye... Primitive Lace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bunnies and your table with them and the daffodils so pretty:) Love the eggs too!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunnies are quickly multiplying, and that is a good thing since they are all so very cute. I really like your eggs too. I have seen rag balls before, but never eggs. What a cute idea! I think I might make some of them for myself. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love all your bunnies! Too cute! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Spring tweaking :-) That new little bunny is so cute, so are the little homespun eggs. It's been cold and windy here, but is supposed to warm up this weekend. I'm looking forward to that.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all Christine-your bunnies are so cute. I love the table arrangement-so springlike:)) Hopefully it will encourage spring to come all the more quickly!!
    have a great week,
    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine ~~
    Everything is just so lovely....
    Hugs, GG

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine you've inspired me to get cracking on some spring designs of my own, your bunnies are so cute . . . watch this space!!

    Lisa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, I first want to thank you for that sweet comment about my selling blog that isn't up yet be will be SOON!! You are a sweet, kind friend. You always say the nicest comments on my blog and really brighten up my day!!

    Your homespun eggs came out great. I love the display and your dningroom table display.

    Thank you so much for sharing and agin for being there on my blog and becoming a friend!!
    Big Hugs,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Spring! I also love your Easter displays - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the spring things you've been making! Yes, that spanish moss is a huge mess! I love the look of it though. I guess we have to compromise, huh? I was putting some in bowls and buckets for eggs this week and had that stuff all over the place. Haha!

    Thanks for sharing your spring goodness with us! And thank you for always visiting both my blogs and leaving such wonderful comments. You are a sweetheart! =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is spring at my house in lower south Alabama and I'm loving it! I pray we do not have any more frosty mornings because I'm ready to plant some new sprouts in my garden!!
    Love the bunnies and everything Easter!
    Blessings my friend and a
    Happy Bunny weekend to ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!