Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Thanks and these fingers itch to stitch!

Hello once again, bloggers! I have to begin by thanking everyone for visiting and leaving such warm and thoughtful comments! You make my day just to know there are friends out there who are willing to spend time in my company!

A big thanks goes to Carole from Primnraggedy for sending me the tartmelts I won in her recent giveaway! They are just lovely Carole and nearly too nice to melt! I love looking at them in a bowl!
Here they are with a tag that Carole sent with them~

There are little cinnabuns, saltbox houses and raggedy annies - really cute! This pic shows them better~The other thing that came in the mail today was some fabric - the one you see here. It's called Ozark calico - here's a close-up~
Well, as soon as I got my hands on it, I had to stitch something up with it, so I made this little spring child's prairie dress to hang from my shelf

I still want to add some details to it but had to see it hang from a twig for effect! I confess to being impatient!lol!

Now I know I've been going on abit about blank walls but I have been doing something about it!
I'm going to frame this felted piece and hang it on all that space!
I like felt but would love to try proper wool for this kind of project. But that's for another time!
For now, my little fingers are stitched to the quick so I wish you all a good evening and thanks again for visiting!



13 comments:

  1. I love the little dress! And hanging on the twig. SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job! The little prairie dress is so cute-looks very prim on the twig!
    Your feltwork is beautiful-can't wait to see it framed:)
    Love those melts too-I'm sure they smell amazing!
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your recent visit with me. Love your prim decorations. Lucky you got some very nice surprises in the mail. Love the little tartmelts!! Cute dress you sewed up too. Love the hanger!
    Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your felt piece is very cute and just in time for spring. I really need to get busy covering my blank walls!

    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christine,
    Your little wax melts are so cute, I wouldn't want to melt them either. Your little dress is adorable too! Have a great night!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so sweet , I really love the twig hanger. SO talented.
    Blessings, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, First of all, ~*thanks*~ for your words this morning... we're taking parenting in stride and God is in control, but still there are days that I'd like to see behind me!

    Your walls are wonderful... your eye for groupings is very well trained! And I love your goodies and the dress you made!

    Have a wonderful day my friend! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy... they look lovely as always. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine,
    Found your blog through my soon to be mom in law TJ at Willow Bend prims. I gotta say I am in love with that sweet dress ! And your felt work is beautiful. I just started blogging myself and would love for you to stop by and say Hi sometime.
    xo Linny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those melts are so cute, I love the little designs in them! I'm with you, they are too cute to melt.

    The little dress is adorable and I love the added touch of it hanging on a twig. Very sweet indeed!

    I always enjoy stopping in for a visit to see what you are up to. =] Have a wonderful week, my dear friend~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can understand why you'd think twice about melting those, they're so cute. That little prairie dress you stitched up is adorable, and I love that stick hanger. You always share such great ideas.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The little dress is darling. The bunnies in your header remind me of spring which I am so looking forward to...I follow your blog as jelaws5. Thanks for the giveaway and have a lovely weekend d:)D

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!