Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Whatcha workin' on? Wed.

It's Wednesday and I am so ready to start on my long list of projects to do this year!
As I said tho', in my last post, I'm penny watchin' for the time being. So what's a girl to do?
Get the tools out and go for it myself - make-do must be my middle name! I'm so impatient at times, I just have to do what's spinning around in my head!

So this morning I headed off to the local builder's merchants and got some pieces of wood.
I've been thinking about a ladder to decorate with linens and homespuns so I made a start.
I simply cut four same size bits of wood for the rungs.
I brought it inside to glue them on first as it was cold out in the garage.
I would like to say that I did it all by myself but, truth be told I needed hubby's help to square it all up and hold it so I could nail the rungs on firmly.
So this is what my new ladder looks like;

I'm going to paint,stain and sand it asap and let you see the end result when it's done.
I'm so pleased to get this much done, as there were a few days when it seemed my 'get-up-and-go just got-up-and-went!

Check out what others are working on at Leslie's

Now I'm all of a rush to get it finished! :-)
I'll post soon!
Best wishes



13 comments:

  1. Christine,
    Thank you for your post....please e-mail me with your address.
    Hugs
    Lynn
    lbarbadora@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the starts of your ladder. Can't wait to see the finished pieces. I've always wanted one of those too.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ladder...you did a great job! I can't wait to see it all finished & in it's new home!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine~
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog...what a whole new world it has opened up for me. I have had a riot meeting all of you fabulous ladies that share the same kind of interest as I do. It is snowing and blowing here in Nebraska..we have already has a long winter....hope to chat with you soon.
    Blessings~
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids back at school? Creativity juices flowing? Love the ladder, you have done a great job, I can't wait to see it finished! Woodwork must be in the air- Andrew came home today with wood for some signs; don't expect to get started for awhile as I have too many unfinished projects!lol, speak soon, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine,
    That turned out GREAT! Can't wait to see it all prim'd up. Hope your week is going great.
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wize you Christine, I never do the woody stuff or electrics...... LOOKING GOOD THOUGH
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ladder! Hubby made me one similar to yours a while back and I love mine! I have a pic of it on my blog. I think it was the very first post I ever made (I've only been blogging for a little over a month!). I have signed on to follow you. I'd be honored if you'd follow me too! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing ladders with linens or quilts on them. I can't wait to see yours finished.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  10. details girl! was it difficult to make? it looks great....yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is pretty neat. I never saw a wood ladder with steps like that. I thought they all had round rungs. Now I think I can make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't leave a comment on every post, but I have so enjoyed every photo. Delightful!

    Smiles, Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!