Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Thanks and some stitchin' therapy

First off, I have to thank Shazy, Parsley, Kim, Angie, Michele, TJ, Tonya, Amy and Marcia for being the nicest of blogging friends and giving me great advice and words of encouragement. You all really helped and it means more to me than you can know that you were willing to say so! I'm sorry I'm only doing this now, but our internet server was down most of yesterday and when I tried to leave comments later, blogger wouldn't play ball.
Anyway heartfelt thanks to you! Hormones get the blame again!

The last few days my little one has been home from school with a viral infection, so I've been trying to make her comfortable and read her stories, play games and do jigsaw puzzles. When she was having a nap I started a new X stitch and as always I do believe it helps calm and soothe the fretting I do (about nothing!)
This is as far as I've got~
Yes, I'm thinking Spring! This is another one of PrimitiveBetty's wonderful freebie patterns.

I've one more Valentine heart to make for myself and just got the pieces cut out earlier. It's reversible - more country on one side and prim on the other. They seemed quite popular when I made some for a craft fair I did.
This side will have a pip berry heart shape stitched around the word LoVe~
This is going to be a pocket with sprigs put into it an XOX stitched onto it~
It could either be put on a hanger or an old spool or spring. If any one wants to use the pattern please feel free.

But for now I must nurse my little one whose calling for a cuddle!
Blessings and thanks for visiting!



9 comments:

  1. I hope your little one gets to feeling better soon! I love your heart that you working on & your X stitch!
    Enjoy the rest of your day!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine just gave me some x-stitch pattens to make but so far I haven't been very successful starting any of them. Maybe soon though. Glad to hear your spirits have lifted a little bit Christine. Sorry about your baby girl though. Hope she feels better soon.
    Enjoy your evening,
    Hugs and Prayers,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all you create but those bunnies are the cutest things! AWWW!!!

    Hope all get well in your house soon. No fun with kids sick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your little one dear! You have inspired my thoughts towards spring ;-)
    Hugs, GG

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I love about blogging!! Encouragment abounds! I have made some wonderful blog friends and I am thankful God has placed us in this little community together! =]

    So sorry your little one is sick, praying for a speedy recovery for her. Isn't it nice though, to sit and relax, spend some quality time with her. Sometimes I get so busy, I have a hard time slowing down long enough to do that with my family.

    I am loving your heart projects. So far they are pretty... loving the homespun! They are going to be adorable when you are finished! I need to get over there and check out PrimitiveBetty's wonderful freebie patterns!

    Thanks for posting girl and have a delightful day~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine sweety so glad to hear your feeling better =0) Now if we can just get your lil one feeling better too !!! Praying for a quick recovery cause it sure stinks to be feeling icky. Blogging buds are THE best.Loving your x stitch ALOT.I'm sooo ready for Spring with 1 exception....snakes ewwwww ( will xplian in a blog post soon lol) I have some patterns for x stitchin' but have yet to try it. NEVER done it before......yikkessss lol I watched a few you tube videos on it so may give it a try soon...maybe ;0) Love the hearts. You have been a creating whiz sista !
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard when our little ones are sick. I hope yours is feeling better soon. I love the hearts and thanks for the use of your pattern. Thanks for the sweet compliments too. I love those bunnies too. After all the rain and snow we've been having this week, I'm ready for a little Spring too. Have a wonderful day.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your little one feels better real soon! Your spring X stitch looks great! I was able to finish all that I've been working, they are in the dryer now! Yay for finally feeling like I got something done!

    Thanks so much for your friendship! It means more than you will ever know. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all time, And a brother is born for adversity.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an adorable stitch and pattern. Look at those little bunnies! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!