Friday, 8 January 2010

Ladder Finished!

Yayy! I have my ladder all finished and placed for now in my little prim den!
So, as promised here are a couple of pics of it. I chose to paint it black and then stained it and lightly sanded it for a slightly more worn look.For a quick and easy budget project I am pretty pleased with it.
For anyone who might be interested in making one, it is straightforward.
I cut two 5 ft lengths of 2x1 and then cut 4 rungs from the remaining wood which are about 12" wide. I just measured out a space between each rung of approx 12", glued them in place on one side, then nailed them in (with hubby's help of course!). You could use dowels for the rungs if you want but I was using up what was to hand and it's only for decorative purposes not for climbing on!

So now I'm ready to stitch up some little items and start on my next project!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my blog and for those who have just recently visited for the first time a very warm welcome. I love to hear from you and if you have a blog let me know so I can visit you too!
TTFN!


25 comments:

  1. Your ladder looks awesome! I also love your blog...glad to be blogging friends!
    Blessings~
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ladder looks great! You and hubby did a fantastic job! Can't wait to see your next project.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like that! I love all your other prim goodies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooove the way your ladder turned out! Your prim den looks very nice...I love all of your prim goodies! Thanks for the instructions on the ladder...I might have to give it a try! Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ladder looks great! I love all your game boards, everything looks so primtastic!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. My word..I am the 6th..
    Effort looks lovely...x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ladder! You did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your ladder and your blog!!!

    Alice
    oldprimitivehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine,
    Great work! You were very speedy with that project and it's perfect in your home!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your ladder, guess I will make
    one! Thanks...

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Christine-it looks lovely with your homespuns adorning! Have a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing what you gona stitch! ~Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. L love it Christine. Reading your blog is like going to my favorite country prim/americana store. You can poke around for hours!
    Blessings, GG

    ReplyDelete
  13. What generous comments friends. You warm my heart this cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for becoming a follower. It means a lot to me. As you can tell, I don't have many. And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks wonderful. You did a great job. What a talented lady you are!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  16. It turned out just lovely! And here I've been waiting to find another old antique ladder someday. I might just have to make one for myself. I'd love one in the kitchen for towels!

    Always a joy to visit with you!

    Blessings, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your ladder and your other primitives! My dad and I made one out of old barn wood many years ago and I still love it! It's loaded with quilts, I need another one for my linens and homespun. I don't think I could get one made as quick as you though! =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. I luv it! I want one for my craft room. Might have to be my next project. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your ladder looks great as well as everything else in the picture. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Love That Ladder!!!! I used to have one but the movers broke it...now I am going to have to make me a new one! Hugs BeCca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year Christine!...I love the ladder...that may be next on my (very long) to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how your ladder came out! You made it sound so easy to make. I'd like to try one.
    Looking forward to more of your crafts.
    Hugs~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!