Monday, 4 January 2010

Getting back to normal

It's taken a few days but I think we're starting to get back to normal. Our routine will certainly be in place again when the children all go back to school on Wed. But for now I'm just thankful to have the house back without the Christmas decor in the way and that's allowed me to clean and tidy up - just normal stuff!

I'm also thinking ahead for this year and although there are plenty of prim goodies I'd like to treat myself to, I realize I'm going to have to be careful with my pennies. We have a few home improvement projects to tackle, like putting in new double glazing, not so exciting but very necessary. We've been to the sales in town and the children did well and got some nice new clothes and boots etc. Hubby gave me a lovely new cerise pink North Face jacket for my Christmas prezzie, so I'm sorted!

What do you think of his efforts at prim sign making? He had put this in my parcel for a laugh because we had decided to save on gifts this year so he came up with a homespun gift instead!
I enjoyed the fun of it!

I haven't even been able to start any new stitcheries yet. Got to get a move on! Hurray for normality!
Best wishes


7 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, I think that the sign he made you is so cute and was a very thoughtful and loving thing for him to do.
    I too am enjoying getting back to normal. However for me the Christmas/New Years week was a nice break from my normally busy life of babysitting 3 two years old girls and being a Pampered Chef director. Today marks the start of business again for me.
    I became a follower of your blog today. I look forward to our blog friendship. God bless, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine!
    We are trying to get back in the swing of things today. I don't think any of us really wanted to get up :) I think your husbands primitive sign is great! I bet your new North Face jacket is nice and warm!!

    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I think hubby did a great job on your sign. My kids are back to school today & I'm back to work...it's nice to back into our normal routine! Hope you're having a great day!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about getting back to normal-I was so tired of Christmas decorations that they were packed away 28th Dec-the children couldn't believe their eyes when they got up!! Hubby could get himself a job-you could point out a few more signs you would like made!! ~Speak soon, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are returning to your 'normal'. We are trying to do so as well. God bless your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    The sign is really cute! Glad to hear your Christmas stuff is all packed up and things are returning to normal. It's funny how we can't wait to get it all up and want to take it down just as quickly! I missed seeing some of my regular pieces because they were packed away since Sept when I decorated for Fall. Can't wait to see your new stitcheries. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine,
    I think the sign it adorable! We are trying to get into a normal routine again too ;-)
    Blessings, GG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!