Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Some Christmas greenery decoration

Can't you hear me puffing and panting? I'm so out of breath with all this Christmas rushing about! It's all of my own making, I admit. But I have just had a few minutes to gather some greenery from the garden and try to put together a teardrop arrangement for my front door.
It consists of three branches of fir tied together with some ivy strands adorned with ribbon and some rusty stars tied onto the ends of the branches and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it!

With what was left over, I just had enough to fill the little tote for my kitchen table center piece and added some dried orange slices and fir cones also.
Here it is glowing all Christmassy with no flash.Like Loretta, I love snowmen. Here's a jolly snowman to greet you on entering the kitchen
I promise I'll post more Christmas decor photos asap but duty calls for now!
Best wishes for a great week!



8 comments:

  1. I wish we could go out and collect greenery like that, but there's not too much of it here in the desert. Well, maybe in someone else's yard :-) It all looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your greenery for the front door! So pretty!! Have a blessed day :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    Love your little snow guy!!!! He looks so comfy nestled in your shelf. I love how you tucked some greenery in behind him. Your front door swag and tote are just beautiful. This week end I hope to get a few wreaths from the nursery for my front door and lamp posts, and some greenery to tuck here and there around the house. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine your tear drop arrangement is so cute! I've never used fresh greenery but I'm seeing lots of gals in blog land using it so I just might have to get me some.

    Have a wonderful day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tear drop arrangement. I absolutely adore snowmen !!! They are one of my favs ! And I love using fresh greenery to decorate. Your little tote looks wonderful too ! I've not tried drying oranges but may have to give it a shot. Thanks for sharing.
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love it all! I love how the teardrop arrangement is simple, yet very inviting. I also like the idea of the tote as a centerpiece for the kitchen table. I'm gonna have to dig mine out. Thanks for the ideas! Have a blessed weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teardrop decoration and the kitchen tote are so pretty. The simple things are often the most attractive aren't they?:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!