Friday, 11 December 2009

Some Christmas decorating

Can you believe that in just two weeks we will be celebrating Christmas Day? I know I can't!
But I'm trying to create that warm Christmassy glow around our home and have had so much fun placing things and arranging then rearranging just to get a better atmosphere. I hope this comes across in my pics, though sometimes, no matter how hard I try, they still come out fuzzy!

Here's our main Christmas tree~

I put fake presents around the base to hide the stand - the kids still want to have a peek inside them!
This is the hall way with garland on the handrail ~


Here are my attempts to add to the kitchen with jars of gingers and dried oranges and a mini tree~

I simply added some greenery to the shelf in my crafting room with my new Merry Christmas blocks~This is another simple arrangement in a basket based on Kris's tutorial on her blog Simply Prim - Thanks Kris for all your inspirational ideas!

I'll leave you with my favorite whimsical snowman trying to escape the cold on an old bicycle - my husband collects all things to do with bicycles -

Wishing you all a lovely and happy weekend - we're going to a family Christmas gathering tomorrow night and I need to bake for it - just might share a recipe with you next time!
Best wishes and thanks to all my readers for taking the time to visit.


5 comments:

  1. Everything looks WONDERFUL! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine..... Can I hitchike a ride with your snowman ? I'd like to escape the cold myself lol. Everything looks amazing. Love your idea to hide the tree stand ! Hope you have the most amazing time at your family Christmas gathering.
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time at your Christmas gathering!! Love your decorations :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree looks so pretty all lit up. I love the gameboards and little snowman too. I'm still trying to figure out my camera too. My daughter taught a few things, and she's 14. It's my camera, but she understands it better than I do.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always so warm, lovely and cozy at your Blog Christine, Christmas Blessings!
    Hugs, GG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!