Saturday, 19 December 2009

Little details

Happy weekend, everyone! I see some of you have snow already or waiting on it coming; over here we got the slightest dusting of snow and now we have rain.

Anyhow, now that I've done most of the gift wrapping (and a little bit of cleaning...) I turned my thoughts to the table settings - yes I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I love to make a bit of a fuss over arranging the table for Christmas day. The idea for this came from a Christmas tv show I watched a few nights ago and as my daughter said, 'I knew you'd do something like that!' so I'm really predictable!lol!

Usually I just use paper napkins with a festive image on but this year I have decided to be a bit more individual and personal with these napkins as i'd seen on tv. I used cotton and then stitched on some Christmas motifs with the words love, joy, peace, noel in one corner. I only need 4 for the adults - yes the kids can have the paper ones!! I am just having my parents for dinner on Christmas Day as my brothers go to their in-laws.
So if you enjoy stitching as much as I do and you want to stress yourself out even more this Christmas, give it a go!
Here's how the first couple turned out -

I was so pleased with them I even had to set a place at the table just to see the over all effect! I love the crisp snowy white tablecloth and of course I bring out the best china - this set was given to me as wedding gifts as was the silverware~
So now I'm looking forward to a delicious meal with loved ones and hopefully these little details will add to the festivities!

Before I go here's one last item I finished and its message is from me to you ~

BTW - it's a free pattern from Twigs' site 'Primitive Blessings'.


10 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Christine. Merry Christmas~~
    Blessings, GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine; really love the napkins-what a lovely personal touch for Christmas day! I love your snowman cushion also- you have been very busy. Hope you all have a blessed Christmas Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine your table setting is just beautiful. I'm quite sure your guests will appreciate the time you spent making each place extra special.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How darling, I love them all! Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out so cute. I used to do stitchery alot, but haven't done it in quite awhile. Thanks for reminding me that small projects have a big impact too. I loved the pillow too.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful extra touch of love on your table! and I love the little snowman pillow at the end too.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine,
    Your table setting is beautiful, love your hand stitched napkins and pillow!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute! I love your napkins! Your table setting is beautiful! You sound like me, I can't wait to see how things are going to turn out... I do stuff like that too. I just get so excited about finished projects... even the little ones!

    I adore that pillow! I'm going to check out Twig's site to get that free pattern. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I can't find Twigs' site 'Primitive Blessings'. Could you please help me out? I would be so appreciative if you could! Thanks! =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!