Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Wednesday, and what am I workin' on?

Well, I'm stitchin' when I get the chance and trying to make more Christmas pieces and tweaking here and there. My little prim room as I call it is littered with scraps and threads and bits and pieces I should really have put away for next year. I thought about being brave and showing you the room I sew in but I'm too embarrassed - it's way too 'through- othered' as we say. ( Do you use that expression, meaning it's all messed up and untidy?) Anyway, this is a peak in through the door because at least you can't see the muddle that's lurking behind the door! hehe!

Some of these days I'll sort it out and show you in behind the door! When I'm braver! Or tidier and I don't reckon that will happen soon!
Well, remember my bowls from Monday? I got the other one painted in a nice Christmassy red and put some delicious smelling fixins in it of vanilla cookies and a candle


Apart from that I've only had time to do some cross-stitch and it's made me quite cross already! Stitching on osnaburg is a sore trial. It's so hard to keep it even.
This is a Stacy Nash Primitives freebie I found on a trawl through Patternmart. Can't wait to finish it and do some Christmas ones.
As always, best wishes and thanks for taking an interest in the humble happenings of my home!



9 comments:

  1. Trust me I have room or two that no one can see beyond the doorway. I think we all do. Your bowls turned out nice and your cross stitching is very good.
    Enjoy the rest of the week,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...I have a place like that too.
    Your cross stitching is coming along nicely...don't be so hard on yourself.
    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found your blog, I see we like the same things :-) I'll be checking back soon.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    Back in the late winter-early spring I turned a storage closet into a craft nook. I promised to show pictures of the completed room but I've never shown it. Why? It's a hard working room that's always a mess! There are bits of this and that all over, fabric piled a mile high on the counters, and paint and stain all over too! But it's my room and I know where everything is!
    Your x-stitch is looking good! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cross stitch Christine...it's turning out so prim.

    I think we all have those rooms:)
    Rondell♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will I ever blog the black hole that is known as the Tardis cupboard under the stairs ....
    never x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...may we all be blessed to have a little spot like that !
    Love those darling little wooden bowls.
    Blessings, GG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Christine, my craft room is such a mess right now I can't even get in it to craft. I'll just have to enjoy seeing all that you're doing. Your cross stitch looks good to me! Thanks for sharing where you found the pattern.

    Blessings ~ Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  9. The peek into your room looks pretty clean :) I am typing over piles of paper right now...can't even see the top of my desk! That's one of the things on my list for tomorrow...

    Love your cross stitch :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!