Monday, 23 November 2009

EZ Freebie pattern


Hi! I'm back after a few days away from the computer as there were several other things we had to tend to this past weekend. But as you can see from the pic above, I finished my 'Let it snow!'
snowman. Now for anyone so inclined, I thought I'd share my pattern with you and I hasten to add it is just a simple design; nothing too complicated using woolfelt. Hopefully you can click on the pic below to follow the applique cut outs I drew.


I haven't done this before so please forgive the very basic nature of these templates and instructions which I hope make sense!


What you need to do:

Cut 1 piece of woolfelt 14"x10"(Use any color you like for the background)
Cut out the snowman using template above and using a running stitch applique onto middle of your woolfelt rectangle.
Next cut out and sew on snowman's nose.
For his eyes you could use miniature black buttons as I did or cut out small black felt circles and stitch on.
Then cut a strip of brown fabric approx. 3" long by 1/4" wide for his stick arm and sew on. Cut two smaller pieces of brown for twig fingers.
For the Christmas tree, cut another piece of brown fabric 4" long by 1/2" wide and attach with a running stitch all the way around it.
Cut 5 pieces of green felt for the branches making each one a little longer from the top down and sew over tree trunk, centering each one.
On top of the tree, sew on a little star, using template given.
Now you need to stitch on the snowflakes and wording Let it snow! directly onto background rectangle.
Next blanket stitch the whole way round the outer edge of the rectangle.
Cut three lamb's tongue tabs in matching woolfelt and blanket stitch around them.
Then cut 3 circles using template given and 3 stars from given template and sew stars onto circles.
Sew the circles on to the tabs, one apiece.
Now you are ready to attach the tabs to your rectangle. Measure and space evenly apart.
Find a nice twiggy branch and put it through the tab tops and display the finished article!

Here are a few close ups of the words, tree and snowflake in case you need them.Please let me know if there's anything that doesn't make sense!!

Before I go here are some photos of the Continental Christmas market we visited this past weekend. It's lovely for all kinds of tasty food treats and goods from around the world. Really gets you in the mood for Christmas!
These Dutch pancakes are favorites of ours with whipped cream and chocolate sauce over. I'll not show you the pic of me devouring mine! Needless to say they weren't on the plate long!!

Whew! that was long and hope you're still with me but I'm off now and i wish you all the best for the week ahead!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this pattern. I'll see if I can convince my daughter to do this for a 4-H holiday entry.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snowman wall hanging! Looks like the festival would have been lots of fun! That sure is a beautiful building in the background! Have a wonderful week!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    I love your snowman wall hanging!!!! You did a wonderful job! Thank you for sharing the pattern with us.
    The Continental Christmas market looks like tons of fun! I wish we had something like that by us! HUgs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all these years I still miss the German markets at Christmas x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Christine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is this Continental christmas market? It looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!