Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Whatcha working on?

Good afternoon, and welcome! Time for another Wednesday post with a few things to share. By this stage in my short blogging career, my husband comes home, rolls his eyes in amusement and says, 'Whatcha working on?' with a laugh. He loves to tease me about blogging and puts up with my craft projects, but in actual fact it was my husband who started me off on this whole blogging journey!!! Sorry if that sounds like I'm swearing!LOL! I'm not given to swearing at all BTW! He encouraged this so I can tease him, too!

Anyhow, to get back on track, as it's Wed. I have been trying to get something done to post about.
But first on my 'to-do' list was to paint the shelf that's been left untouched for ages. Admittedly I was nervous about painting it other than just staining it, but when my bowl rack turned out so well in black, I decided to go ahead. Here's a pic of it before

And this is how it looks now, and for the moment I haven't put the quilt back up.


Definitely makes more of an impact now. I rearranged my checkerboards which leads to the one other project I got done. I would like to add to the few gameboards that I have and tried a parcheesi design. Here's how it turned out - not sure if the stain is too heavy?


Hope to post again at the weekend but for now mybrood of squabbling children need sorting out.
What is it with siblings annoying each other?
Duty calls!
Best wishes


5 comments:

  1. Everything looks GREAT!

    So...you'll be invited to come to the States in the spring. Caramel apples will be served at the party! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your painted shelf! I am in the midst of painting one myself! I found it at the Salvation Army and I am loving the way it looks so far. Will have to post a picture of it when I am done.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your painted shelf!!! I have 2 shelves that I picked up for $1 each at the thrift store that I've been wanting to distress. Love your goodies on your shelf too!
    ~Neenee~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shelf looks great black. Luv your parcheesi gameboard too :)Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hubby sounds like mine..lol! Your shelf looks great. Isn't it amazing how painting a simple piece can make such a difference. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

    Hugs ~ Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!