Saturday, 3 October 2009

Weekend activities

Hello from a stormy N. Ireland. The autumn storms are early this year and as I type the winds have already overturned some of my plant pots outside and moved the trampoline across the garden!! So we are indoors and whilst I was heating some pizza for lunch, I made some of my favorite brownie cookies. They spread out in the oven and are quite thin but so more-ish!
They are at their nicest when slightly cool; chewy in the middle and a bit crispy at the edges! Anyone like one or two? You'll have to be quick as they don't last long in this house!

As ever, life for me is a matter of organizing several minor things at the one time and hoping all the bigger things fall into place! I want to get on with a few prim projects but so far all I've got done is to make this little penny candle mat for a friend of mine that I will be meeting up with next week.
I love making these. I will hopefully get some made for Christmas for gifts and for home.
Hope you all have a good weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    The cookies look delicious. You'll have to post the recipe for us.
    The penny mat is beautiful. I need to start working on some Christmas penny mats for my side tables.
    Have a great weekend! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you candle mat! I am sure your friend is going to love it too!! Your cookies sound yummy! It's a baking day for me too. We are having a dinner tomorrow after church for a missionary couple. I've made banana carob chip bread, will be making a pumpkin pie, and cooking some shredded Italian beef in the crock pot.

    I am not sure if you saw my reply to your question in the comments on my blog. I am never quite sure how to reply to those...so I am leaving it here too :0) We are about 20 minutes away from Bonaventure. My brother went to college there SEVERAL years ago ;) and my husband grew up in Olean, the town right next to it.

    Have a great weekend!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any cookies left...I'll be right over!!!! Love the candle mat...I'll take one of those too....LOL!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your penny mat is really cute. I keep thinking that one of these days I will try to make one of them. Maybe I will get around to it when the snow begins to fly here, which could be any day as cold as it is. One of your cookies looks like the perfect solution for a cold winter's day also. I hope you post the recipe sometime. They look delicious. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmm those cookies look yumo! I luv chewy and crispy. Your candle mat is very nice.Your friend is going to luv it. :)sherri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!