Thursday, 29 October 2009

Meet Charity


Let me introduce you to the newest prairie doll in my home - this is Charity. Why Charity?
Well, because I've been thinking a lot lately about 1 Cor. 13; 'faith, hope and charity, but the greatest of these is charity.' It's something we've all experienced through the kindnesses and sympathies of others, but something I need to put in to practice in my own life: to my family, my children my friends, neighbors and even strangers. So in a way this prairie doll is a reminder to me to think of how I can help others. In fact this doll came about because of the helpfulness of another blogging friend - thanks to Loretta for taking the time to tell me about Twigs' freebies and that when I found her prairie doll challenge, which I tried and so Charity came about!
So thanks to one and all who read my blog and leave such encouraging, charitable comments - you all make my day!
While I'm at it I thought I'd show you a couple of other attempts of mine; this was the first prim raggedy Annie doll I made - now please don't laugh at her as she's a sensitive sort

Just thought I'd share a photo of this lovely old ladle I found, all dinged and worn looking


The kids wanted me to show you their 'wee buns' all decorated for Halloween and it was a fun way to spend the afternoon and eat the fruit of your efforts! Yum!
David made the spider, Caralyn put Frankinstein's face on her bun and Cerys and I made the web bun.
We've had a good time together at home this week and I hope you are enjoying yours
Best wishes


6 comments:

  1. Your dolls are charming. I see your junior bakers are quite artistic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Charity and the wee buns look delish!
    I like how you have the ladel displayed too:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog....found it on my dear friend Ma Teakettles Blog! ~~
    I love country and prim too!
    Blessings, GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    I love Charity, and your other dolls are fantastic too! I love Annie's smile! The kids did a great job decorating their buns! Have a beautiful weekend! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charity is quite lovely...as are your other works of art. Love the dipper too...and your display of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christine~ I think your little Annie doll and all the others are just as cute as can be!
    Those wee buns look delicious! Your little ones take right after you in their creativity.
    Hugs & blessings to you~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!