Saturday, 17 October 2009

Little Things

As the title of this post is about little things, this is going to be a little post. I don't know where the week went and I don't seem to have accomplished much. But I thought I'd just share with you some of the little things that I did get done.
Here's the Harvest tuck pillow that I showed you I'd started on Mon.



Even the little details make a difference - I added the the line of stitches below the Thanks and to me it seems more complete.This is another sewing quickie I managed to do last night. I had been wanting a candle hugger since I made one for my giveaway and finally got it done. Just a little thing but there you have it.
Oh and there was one other little thing in our house - A MOUSE! At this time of year it's not unusual for field mice to sneak in for warmth and sure enough one got in. I think it must have seen the doors open when the children have been running in and out playing. We have had mice before and have baited traps but this one died before it even found a trap. UGH! The girls screamed and wouldn't settle to sleep that night until Daddy checked every little nook and cranny for others and so far it seems that was our only little visitor. I hope we'll stay mice free - I don't have a cat!
This little post is large enough so until next time,
best wishes



4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    What a cute pillow and candle hugger!
    Eeeeeeek! A mouse! We had one just a few weeks ago in our basement. An exhaust pipe for our vacuum system came undone and allowed a mouse to come into the basement. However he didn't last long because we have a pest control service come every month to rebait our traps. This was the second time this exhaust pipe came undone and let a mouse in so now it is properly fixed!!!! Thankfully the pipe comes in at the top of the foundation wall where there is poison in each direction the mouse would travel in. We also keep traps outside along the foundation to kill any mice who might be lurking outside looking for a way into my house.
    Have a great day. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! We get mice occasionally as well, but we have two cats. They don't stand a chance against our two kitties. One catches while the other watches.

    Your projects turned out great. I love the candle hugger and I your pillow tuck does look more finished with the line under it. Isn't it funny what little details add.
    Have a great fall.
    Blessings~ birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "little projects" are just darling, but if I tried to make them, they would probably turn into big projects! You did a great job on them. Thanks for letting us see them. I understand about the mouse problem. Since it has turned so cold here, we are having lots of problems with mice coming into the house from the fields. I, like your girls, hate those nasty beasties. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, Your pillow turned out so cute and I adore your candle hugger...I LOVE the crows, thank you for sharing them with us.

    I also HATE mice...I scream so loud when I see one that my throat get sore afterwords. The screaming is so stupid but I do it every time I just can't help myself. My husband just shakes his head and gets the traps:) So far this year, we don't have any...but it's early in the season so I am keeping my eyes peeled. Have a great day and God Bless, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!