Tuesday, 27 October 2009

It arrived safely!


Good morning, everyone! For once, I was pleased to see the postman coming to the door because there was a package for me! I'd been hoping for the past week to receive my new lamp all the way from The Cranberry Cupboard in Ohio where I'd found the half round punched tin lamp I'd been searching for! Believe me this is special as over in the UK this kind of lamp is well nigh impossible to find! Even the glass front survived the trip!I just love the star pattern punched in it and how it glows on the wall in the dark.
This is a busy week as I've commitments at church and children's outreach to prepare for and the children are off school for the week and need entertaining - lots! I like to limit the time the spend watching TV and playing computer games so yesterday we just had fun literally playing in the mud down by a quiet little river close by - it's lovely for autumn color, too. However today has started very wet and rainy. The kids love to craft and paint so we got a pumpkin and had fun carving it! Forgot to take a pic when we had it lit up!Now we're going to make some 'wee buns' and decorate them. It's always more enjoyable to make edible craft items!
Before I go, I want to wish my husband many happy returns of the day as he celebrates his 42nd birthday today. Lots and lots of love to you!

Hope to catch up with you all again soon
Best wishes


7 comments:

  1. Love your lamp! I can see why you were excited :)
    A very Happy Birthday to your husband!
    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp is simply gorgeous! I can see why you were eagerly awaiting its arrival!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally amazing lamp :) I am so glad that it made it's way across the "pond."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    What a beautiful lamp! I'm glad it arrived safely. I was admiring one just like it in a catalog I received today in the mail.
    Happy birthday to your husband! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine...
    Love your lamp...I'm always looking at those kind of lamps when I go out shopping...They look nice in a prim decorated home...just the right touch...

    Hugs,
    Trena,Timeworn Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that lamp. I've been looking for something similar myself. I think I might just look that place up.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!