Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Shutter shelf

Hi everyone. Just wanted to share my latest make-do item with you all. It was just crying out to be done!lol! and I'm not one to leave things to the one side if I can posssibly make something out of it! Every time I went into the garage, those pieces of timber - offcuts, my dad calls them, - the left
overs, looked like they could be fixed up into something prim for me to have inside!
And aren't the simplest ideas the best! This one was so simple it only involved 5 pieces of timber and some nails, then a quick couple of coats of paint and stain! What do you think?The wood is actually from old skirting boards and you can see the old nail holes in it- adds to the prim look!
I had the option to go with some rusty nails for pegs but instead I put on a little shelf for displaying some miniatures and added the twiggy wreath, too. How simple is that?The only thing is I've used up most of the timber - oh well, I can always buy some more, or better still, go to my dad's and raid his offcuts!

I'm trying to finish up another small revamp project for 'whatcha workin' on? so I hope to be back tomorrow if all goes according to plan.
Have a great day





4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    Thank you for your warm birthday wish! The shelf is fantastic! What a wonderful idea. I love the color and the fact that you made it from left over wood. The nail holes make it look so nice and prim. Great job! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.......I like that!!! Love the color! I have alot of barn red in my house.....thanks for stopping by today!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just terrific....
    Blessings, GG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!