Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Harvest Thanksgiving


On Sunday we had our annual Harvest Thanksgiving Services at our church. The building was beautifully decorated with gifts of fruit and vegetables and flowers but more importantly we were gathered to thank the LORD for His faithfulness in providing for us bountifully once again. We are so blessed and I want to thank God for His goodness to us.

With this in mind I am trying to make a little cross stitch pillow, but my is the going slow!
It's on osnaburg, which is harder to count onto with tiny stitches but I'm hoping to finish for tomorrow. I did get this sweet little kitty in the leaves freebie stitched up yesterday - it's one of Primitive Betty's,

I'm hoping to do more wool/felt items shortly. I love making Christmas things and I'm busy browsing the web for freebie patterns. If you know of any, please let me know! I need to get some shopping done so I'm off.
Best wishes


9 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    I love your little kitty in the leaves pillow! I will keep my eye open for any free Christmas patterns for you. I see them all the time but since I don't do much stitching I don't save any of them. I will now! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine~Your stitching is amazing! I think the Harvest pillow is coming along very nicely!
    Loving the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    See if you like any of the patterns here http://www.primitiveblessings.com/ They have some cute Christmas patterns. I'll keep looking for you. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished the fall kitty one, I think it's so cute, right now I'm coffe dyeing mine:) The Harvest one you are doing is coming along just fine, it does take more time with the smaller stitches;0
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the Harvest stitchery you're working on. That's something I haven't yet attempted, cross stitching. It's a bit intimidating to me. your kitty in the leaves came out great and is so fallish.
    Hugs & blessings~ birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you are doing a great job! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, I LOVE your Harvest cross stitch pillow in progress. I also think cross stitch is slower to do but think they are so awesome when they are finished!!!! Thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments, I appreciate it very much. Hope you have a blessed day...Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitty and leaves pillow is so very cute. I can't wait to see what you find for Christmas. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!