Monday, 14 September 2009

Why is it..?

Why is it the more I try to get done, the more 'stuff' gathers up around me and I get less done?
And why is it that the more time I have the less I am able to accomplish?
Why is it that for ages nothing seems to need doing and then out of the blue everything seems to need doing?
And why is it that I spend ages in careful consideration about buying something and then it turns out to be the wrong size or shape, etc, etc.?
I know, you'd think the world was falling down around me, but really it's not so bad - I'm a survivor really! :-) It's all pretty manageable if this laptop wasn't so attached to me - know what I mean!lol!
I'm working on several projects - more about those in the incoming weeks. Maybe if I didn't have so many things on the go at once??? but then maybe I'd just get bored!!!

This is about all that's new - I bought this from a girl in England who sells prim and country stuff online and I just added the rusty star to it.

Oh, I have managed to do a little painting and sanding to this small tote

I must have done something right as my daughter took one look at it and remarked (in the perfectly blunt way that they do!) 'That just looks like an old piece of junk!' Little did she realize she had paid me a compliment!
Well lots still to do and ideas to sort out or they'll drive me crazy.

Best wishes




6 comments:

  1. Rest assured, Christine, you're not alone!! I always feel overwhelmed by all of the projects (that I bring on myself!)that need to be done! I usually work best under pressure and it seems like when I get one thing complete, two more pop up!!
    Cute shelf - I love the addition of the star! And I LOVE the tote makeover!!

    Take care,
    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling all to much and now with working it is a challange to get things done! Love what you have done to both pieces of prim!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate.......you are not alone!!!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of us can relate to your dilemma.
    But that is the life of being a woman...I guess!
    I love your piece of junk too...it turned out perfect. What a great compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your "old piece of junk" tote is fabulous. You did a great job on it. I have been looking for something like that for awhile. I'll bet you will have so much fun putting treasures in it. I understand about your project dilemma too. My projects seem to snowball everytime I turn around. Oh well, I guess it keeps us all busy and out of trouble. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you're describing my friend is Murphy's Law. I know it all too well!

    Did you tell your daughter that one woman's junk is another woman's treasure? I love the tote and I can't wait to see what you put in it.

    Hugs ~ Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!