Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Whatcha working on?

Hey it's Wednesday again! Just time for a quick post to take part in 'whatcha working on'. As I said in yesterday's post, I've never decorated for fall before so I'm making a few items myself and having fun doing so! It seems this is contagious!
So far this is all I've managed to doThe sides still need to be stitched together and I have to applique on the pumpkins. I've really taken a liking for penny rugs so this is going to be one of many.
Sewing is a way of relaxing for me, so when I get the kids settled for the night I can take time to sit back and stitch away to my heart's content. This is the other cross stitch I was working on - for the pic I put it in the frame but I still need to stain it.
I hope to try some more decorating soon though now that school's back it seems I'll be occupied with other things such as church youth programs and I really need to get fit again and lose those summer pounds which creep on so easily!
BTW the kids all had a good first day back at school and like their new teachers.

See you soon





3 comments:

  1. Very cute penny rug!
    It's so nice to meet you. Thanks for adding me as a follower. I look forward to reading your blog!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    Thanks for visit my blog!. Love your penny rug and the cross stitch. Nice job in both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! My first visit to your blog and I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!