Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Whatcha working on, Wed?

Midweek greetings! We've rolled round to Wed. again so it's time to share a bit more of what I've been up to as far as all those projects go.

I'm so excited about this project as I've had to be patient and now, well here it is
It's my new bowl rack!!! Finally, after waiting and looking at different shapes and designs, I finally opted for this simple design though I have to say I really liked Rondell's. This fits better into the place I've picked for it and hopefully my ever patient helpful hubby will put it up for me as soon as I get it painted but just had to show it now I'm so pleased to get one and even put a bowl in it to get the effect!!! I have to thank my dad for helping me as he can keep everything square, and hubby for helping me fix it together. You can be sure I'll post pics as soon as it gets done and hung on the wall.

Another thing we love doing this time of year is blackberry picking. My mom loves to make jam so that's what becomes of them but I might make blackberry muffins - depends how time goes.
We stopped on the way home from school along a quiet country road and the hedges were laden with all sorts of berries.

The hawthorn hedges are heavy with haws and the farmers always say that's a sure sign there's a hard winter ahead. I also snipped some wild rose hips on the branch - mind you my fingers bear the scratches from the nasty thorns!
Cerys was pleased to chat to some llamas in the nearby field
Well I'm off to help with homeworks and then paint my new bowl rack. I'll post again soon,

Best wishes

4 comments:

  1. Well thank you Christine, yours is just great to and I'll be waiting to see a picture of it all primmed up.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    You bowl rack is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see it all painted up.
    We have those wild blackberries all throughout the woods near my home. I used to go berry picking with a friend when I was a child. Yum! Have a wonderful day. Hope your fingers feel better, nasty little thorns! Blessings, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bowl rack. Can't wait to see finished. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet your bowl rack is going to be fabulous when you get it painted. Please be sure to show it to us. I am looking forward to seeing it when you have it hung and decorated. How fun. Those blackberries look so yummy. I really enjoy eating homemade jams and jellies. Nothing from the store can match them. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!