Friday, 11 September 2009

Remembering...

I just felt I had to post today to remember with you all in the USA for even though I am not an American national we feel a keen bond with your country and indeed several of our close relatives emigrated in the 60's to become citizens.

Some years ago, my husband and I visited New York as a special Christmas gift to each other and we were privileged enough to stand at the base of the soaring World Trade Center buildings. We craned our necks right back to gaze heavenward and view the top of those amazing structures.

So it was with utter horror I turned on the TV to see both buildings struck by the planes that awful day eight years ago and felt the sheer unbelief of the tragedy unfolding. The pain and loss are still palpable....

So today we remember afresh with all who suffer because of terrorism.
May God truly bless America...



3 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos Christine. I live in NY and never had the opportunity to visit the towers. I now wish I had. Blessings to you today and always! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for remembering with us. Truly a tragic event that has shaped the lives of so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind wishes for us today. America is lucky to have so many friends and allies around the world. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!