Tuesday, 1 September 2009

In need of some Company





Happy 1st September and I'm so glad you called over to see me this morning for I'm in need of some good company as the kids all went back to school today, leaving me on my lonesome in an empty house. Here they are, bright eyed and bushy-tailed ready for a new year at school:

I have to confess I shed a tear when I came back home and the house was silent. So there was nothing else for it but to start cleaning and tidying the house which has been a bit neglected over the summer. Last night I also started on some autumn decorating. Now I've never really done this before - so I'm starting from scratch and making a few simple homespun items to add touches of fall here and there. Below is a pic of my computer cabinet and another below of the arrangement on top of it with more seasonal fall colors:

I made the little 'Give thanks' tuck pillow last night and the pumpkin following Char's tutorial on The Pickled Pepper Patch. I'm working on some other stitcheries and hopefully will post on Wed.
But before I go I should do what my pillow says and 'give thanks' for my kids, my family my friends and God's good hand upon us in that we have plenty and are truly blessed!

Blessings to all



4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! It's sad when the kids head back to school. For a while you'll feel as though you have so much time on your hands but will eventually fill up that time with something else.
    I love your bits of Autumn decor. Very pretty! Blessings, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are a little lonely without the kids home. They'll be back for after school snacks in no time.

    I love your crafty decor, especially the pumpkin. I'm looking for some SIMPLE fall crafts to do with 4-Hers. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, sorry you're loney! It is lonely when they first return to school...but you'll adjust in not time...and before ya know it...you'll be posting about the last day of school and wondering where the days went ;)
    Very pretty touches of autumn :)

    Have a wonderful week-Happy September!

    -Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...I meant to tell ya...your kiddo's are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!